Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Healthy Eating Recipe's....Please reply and I'll assemble and post

Options
Ohio Boy in DC
Ohio Boy in DC Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to start this diet my buddy did where he eats healthy six times a week and one day is a cheat day... worked like magic for him and he got through it because he new he could eat whatever on the cheat day.[p]I've got the cheat day down from this forum (let's see...Pulled Pork, Brisket, ABT's, Mr Toads Tenderloin :) maybe I should reverse the number of days!)[p]anyhow...I'm not a Tuna Fish, Egg Whites, steamed brown rice and Dry Chicken Breast sort of guy so I've been searching the archives for healthy recipe's. [p]I have a few but the process is pretty cumbersome.[p]If anyone would like to reply I'll assemble all the posts into one area for folks to use.[p]Thanks,

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Ohio Boy in DC,
    Dry chicken breat? I haven't had one of those since we got our egg. One of our fvorites is to flatten it out and marinade overnight in zesty italian dressing with romano cheese grated into it. Cook at 600 about 3 minutes per side. I also like to marinade in teriyaki dressing (dinner for tomorrow). Another one we like is catfish on the egg. Hubby likes salmon, just rubbed and grilled. No fancy glazes or sauces for him. [p]What kind of diet are you doing? Are you staying away from carbs or fat, what kind of stuff are you generally allowed to eat? [p]~nikki

• Ohio Boy in DC
    Options
    nikkig,[p]I used to be into bodybuilding, but I've adapated it now that I'm 37 with a couple of rug rats. [p]Actually I hate to call it a diet, I actually eat 4-5 times a day which is key to speeding up your metabolism.[p] I don't really stay away from too much except simple carbs (like sugar, milk, (non fat cottage cheese and cheese is ok) white potatoes, white rice and enriched breads). Complex carbs (brown rice, rye/pumpernickel, sweet potatoes are ok). [p]I can also have all the veggies I want, although I try to limit the number of fruits since they have simple sugars. [p]Obviously overly fatty or fried stuff is out of the question, but I don't worry too much about cooking with Olive Oil.[p]The key is to always have a protein with a carbohydrate, to not have ANY carbs after 7pm, and to eat a small portion of protein (or shake or bar) right before bed.[p]I also exercise in the morning on an empty stomach...[p]This has worked for both my wife and I in the past, you maintain muscle, lose fat, and get in great shape...

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    squid2.jpg
    <p />Ohio Boy in DC,
    Squid is not only incredibly good for you, it is also unbelievably tasty if you combine fresh squid and a super-hot-fast cook Check the link for the lowdown. yum.
    Beers!
    Chris

[ul][li]Squid Licious[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Options
    Ohio Boy in DC,
    I try to do the same kind of program. This Martha Stewart Recipe for Chicken Cacciatore is a favorite in my house. Lots of lean protien and veggies and a TON of flavor. I usually serve it with a portion of steamed brown rice.

[ul][li]Chicken Cacciatore[/ul]