Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In Remembrance

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For all of you long time Eggheads, Friday 2/13/04 marks an anniversay of the passing of Bill Miller. He was instrumental in creating this website and was also a pioneer for creating our annual Eggtoberfest.[p]Those of you fortunate enough to have known Bill already knew this. For those of you who did not know him, we wanted to take this time and let you know this and in addition we are all thinking of him and his family, Brenda and David.[p]So, on Friday raise your glass in honor of Bill. He is probably up there Q'ing with his good friend JJ (Jack Gocek) and sipping on mint juleps while organizing their own Eggfest.[p]Thanks for all you have done. We miss you![p]BGE

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    BGE,[p]Thanks for the mention! Bill and JJ were great people and close friends of mine. I can't believe how much time has passed already. We all truly miss you guys.[p]K~G

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    BGE,
    I will be sure to do so. I highly appreciate this forum and did have email contact with JJ while he was with us. [p]Thank you for bringing this to our attention.[p]Respectfully,
    New Bob

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Here! Here! Bill was just one of those people you meet that make you feel like you've known them forever. I will most definitely be lifting an ice cold brew in his honor tomorrow.[p]Jim
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    BGE,
    Bill and JJ were a couple of GREAT eggers.They were always willing to help anyone....We really miss those guys.
    Larry

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    bge,[p]thanks for the reminder - great friends and great teachers[p]mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    BGE,
    Thanks for the memories.. my yellow tail glass is raised![p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    I will be sure to raise a glass to Bill tomorrow.[p]Thank you for the post....... and thank you Bill![p]John

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    BGE,
    I didn't know Bill, however I lift a glass and offer a toast to the person who has made my life better because of his foresight in creating the forum, and the Eggtoberfest!
    Salute !
    Hammer

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Bill was all that is expected of a Webmaster . . . Invisible, except when you really needed him and then he was always there to help. Thank you, from a humble fellow ceramic cooking aficionado . . .
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    BGE,[p]Bill was a one of a kind person who I had the pleasure of meeting several times. i know his memory will last for quite some time on this forum and in our minds.[p]Smokey
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    BGE,
    I never met Bill in person, only in email, but, I have met Brenda and I can attest they are a truly remarkable family always going out of their way to help others.
    I had lots of emails with JJ and finally met him at Eggtoberfest and he was a special person to me also, so I will make a toast to both of them and remember the good times that they helped create for everyone as this board got off the ground.
    They both are missed.
    Respectfully to the Miller's and Gocek's
    ChefRD

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    BGE,[p]I did not know either of these gentlemen, but am very thankful for their contributions to the forum and website. My glass will be raised to honor them today....[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    BGE,
    My compliments to the person posting this as BGE. My thoughts in February always drift back to the past and Mr. Millers expertise and foresight in developing the BGE forum format. I would have liked to e.mail Brenda with my private thoughts, but I am not sure of her e.mail address as of late.
    Things change.
    This date was one of the saddest of anniversary days to reflect upon, and my continued condolences to Brenda, David, Ed Fisher, and the rest of the super group that helped to build the BGE forum in it's infancy.[p]Regards to the forum
    C~W
    [p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    BGE,
    They are often remembered. Especially, every time I have a mint Julep.
    RhumAndJerk

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Char-Woody, I echo your post. With that said, why don't you come back home here, C~W? We know where you hang out, but you have so much ceramic cooking experience to offer one and all that you could share the wealth! How about it, C~W?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BGE,
    I'll definitely toast them both tonight. I'm cooking for 12-15 people.[p]My best to their families. they both helped me a lot.[p]Grillin Bill

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    I echo that request, Ron!!![p]Jim
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Jim and Ron, [p]Thanks for the invite. It's fun to sit back and watch the re-runs here. In a sense, some things never change. It's like watching waves on a sea shore, they are all different, yet the waves all return to the same body of water, and come back in a new form or shape. Good thing, or life would really become monotonous....
    Happy Q to ya
    C~W

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Char-Woody,
    beautifully said - just the same the invitation stands!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.