Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

favorite brisket prep.

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LinkPhoto?GUID=64101862-18f7-2ba0-474e-6ced3f1e3fc9&size=lg
<p />heres is one of my favs. when doing brisket. Butterfly it, add chopped onions and bell peppers, 1 lb. of fresh sausage out of casing and 1 lb. sliced smoked sausage, lots of rub inside and out. Pull flap where just the veggies are over the sausages and sewed it up. I'm gonna cook and post results in the next day or so.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    sounds like you are one cook away from a massive coronary. . .LOL. . .man, that sounds really interesting. . .do you use hot or mild sausage?. . .[p]what is your cook set up. . .lo and slo?.. .or more like roasting temps?. .. .[p]if you live through it, i'd love to hear the results. . .

• Wino
    Wino Posts: 69
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    I can not wait to see how it turns out. Might have to pencil that one in for next weekend.
    Good luck
    Wino[p]

• Chef Wil
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    setup is raised grid, direct, bbq guru, 225 degrees until I can see the outer shell is tender, about 6 hours. Actually, the sausages render pretty well so not too much fat left in the sausages and added moisture for brisket. You know us Cajuns, spicey pork sausage and spicey smoked sausage.Right now it looks like a brisket on steroids, all swole lQQking ........hehehehe

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Wow Wil, that looks like it's going to be a great cook....
    Please get a photo up as soon as it's done and post particulars on the cook.[p]John

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    When the ice finally leaves my eggs, I'll do this thing. It looks great and a very inventive idea. Thanks! I'm surprised to read that you do it direct for that kind of time. I would do it indirect; lo-n-slo; internal 185-190; usually 10-12 hours for that size. Please let me know if I'm out in left field or should the added veggies change my thinking.

• Chef Wil
    Options
    Marvin,
    your correct on changing your mind, the meat is less dense since its being butterflied and stuffed with vegetables and sausages, I find a little rendering of fat drips into the fire and smokes back up in the meat for added flavor. The brisket itself is only about 1 inch thick once its been butterflied, thus a faster cooking. I have done them many times in the oven but never had time to egg them, I will post cooking time and temps when done and a pic of course.I did forget to mention it is a flat and not a whole brisket.

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Makes sense to me.