Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max Turkey Stock ?

Raxus
Raxus Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey folks,

Wife and I was wondering on the Mad max turkey stock recipe if we could start it tonight in a crockpot and let it simmer till we need it tonorrow night at around 5ish? Or should we just start it tomorrow morning in a regular stock pot?

Comments

• hizzoner
    hizzoner Posts: 182
    was considering starting the stock tonight.......getting late though. I am going to do it first thing in the morning. It will simmer for about 4-5 hrs.

Hope this is enough
  • there is no hard and fast rule as to long the stock should simmer ....longer is better. ...you can certainly 'force' it by turning up the heat. ..you can also start it tonight. ..thats what i just finished doing ....got a big stock pot going right now on the stow on a very low heat. ..extra benefit to doing it tonight is that when i make my stuffing in the morning is that i'll use some of the stock as my liquid for the stuffing. ...it will take it up a notch over using canned chicken stock. ...
  • One thing to watch with stock is longer is only better up to a point - eventually the bones start breaking down and stock can get a chalky taste. I wouldn't go overnight, 4 or 5 hours is fine.

Doug