Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multiple pizzas at once

Options
Camano
Camano Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When having a large group 10 12 people, it takes a long time to cook single pizzas. Is there any way you can stack and cook several pizzas at once on the large. Perhaps a grill extender of some sorts? Any ideas?

Comments

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    My suggestion is have your pizza stone @ 450 to 500 and cook multiple pies. They only take about 10 minutes to cook. A grill extender won't work as well. You can also buy more eggs! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • ShortRIb
    Options
    It only takes 10 to 12 minutes to cook a pizza? When I do them for a long group, they come flying off. By the time one is cut up and pass around, the next is off. Just be prepared with the raw pizzas to go as soon as the cooked ones come off. Make sure you cook them at 500 degrees and definitely make sure your plate setter is piping hot.
  • hawkegg
    Options
    I have pizza pans and when they come off, I keep them warm in the oven at 250 works well.
  • Camano
    Options
    Thanks
    I am all for buying another egg but the wife isnt. Oh well someday
  • Camano
    Options
    I shall give it a try. Thanks
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Jeff, do a search for this post title. I don't know how to link it but here it is:

Two pizzas stacked / acquired my mini
    Date: 2009/07/20 19:52 By: WWSis

this works but now that I am more familiar with my eggs (i was a newbie in July!) I am inclined to do one right after the other. Once you get the timing and temp right you can put them out...honestly, I prefer my mini for cooking pizzas for a group; I can easily do 12+ pizzas in 90 minutes or so...folks can have more choice, etc.