Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fitting a monster brisket in a large

NJKelNJKel Posts: 11
edited 1:12PM in EggHead Forum
Gang,

I'm thinking about splurging on a wagyu brisket. The producer says his briskets tend to be 17+ pounds before trimming.

That tells me these are some big babies. It's an expensive piece 'o beast and I don't want to ruin or waste it.

In the past I've stuck a V rack under the middle of big-ish briskets to help them fit on the grid, but I have a feeling that may not work this time.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Comments

• PoppasamPoppasam Posts: 440
    We did a couple of eighteen pound plus briskets recently. We just put them flat on the grid on top of the platesetter.

Poppasam
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    I've done a 16.25 pound brisket on the medium. It was a little tight at the beginning, but they shrink considerably as they cook.

One of 17 will easily go on the large.
  • On the ones that I have done that were too long I put an empty can in the middle under the brisket. After a couple of hours when the brisket has shrunk you can take it out.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,982
    foil the front and back of the egg and put the thick end towards the back and push it in laying flat, it will shrink during the cook, just squish it in