Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daisy Wheel for the Small

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At Eggtoberfest last year someone from BGE gave one of the cooks (Earl I think?) a daisy wheel top to use on the small. He said that it was the only one they had but a supply was coming soon. I checked with the Atlanta store a few weeks later but no one knew or acted like they had ever heard of such a thing. Does anyone know if they are now in stock, what they cost, and how to order?

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BobININ,
    That was a daisy wheel for the mini egg Earl had.BGE in Atlanta has the daisy wheel for the mini and small eggs...I think they are around $30.
    Larry

• Smokey Bob
    Options
    BobININ,

You may want to check with the folks at www.outdoorkitchenstore.com in Tampa. That's where I bought my eggs and they had the daisy wheel tops for the small.[p]SB

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    BobININ,
    I recently purchased a small daisy wheel for my (obviously) small BGE. I got it from the local dealer here in Vermont. He had to order one but it was shipped in a few days. I think I paid $30 for mine, not sure if that's good or not but I needed a top as the ceramic one I had broke.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    BobININ,[p]Daisy wheels should be widely available for the Small as I've had one for my Small BGE for several years now (ie - it's not a new product).[p]Another thing to consider are Mickey T's temperature rings. These are blocks of wood cut to fit the chimney top of your BGE. Each ring has a different size whole in it to allow a given amount of airflow. You can use these rings to control temps rather than the daisy wheel.[p]Another option is to use anything else you have around to restrict airflow at the top of your chimney. I've used a firebrick and even tin foil partly covering the top of the chimney to restrict airflow and control temps.[p]Finally, there are several folks here who are good cooks and who choose to control BGE temps by leaving the top completely off and simply adjusting the bottom vent as necessary. You may also which to try this as another possibility.[p]Good luck,
    Cornfed

• Love Handles
    Options
    BobININ,
    Just purchased one for my small from the BGE headquarters in Atlanta and it was 29.00 plus shipping. See-Yaa