Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

After reading this forum for 2 weeks....

FatMike
FatMike Posts: 464
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a new large BGE sitting on my patio...Just fired it up and its ready to go. Started easy with some hamburgers.
You all on this forum are great and love your knowledge and passion. How about that smokin guitar player..watched him on youtube so much I'm humming the theme song. Again, thanks for all the Info

Comments

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Welcome to the cult. enjoy
  • Welcome to the cult :woohoo:

Years of enjoyment ahead of you. B)
  • Raebo
    Raebo Posts: 47
    Wait to you meet the guy who packs lump around in the trunk of his car because his wife thinks he has OCB regarding his lump.
    I think he already has well over 200 bags in his garage and gets blotchy red marks all over his body when he gets under 200 bags.
    Oh ya your going to love this bunch.
    What they don't know, you won't need to either
    Remember if you start keeping lump in shallow graves out back.
    I need you to promise me you will talk about it with us.

Over out
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    That is too funny
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Welcome. Many culinary experiences await. Send pics when possible. Hail your success and reveal your failures. This is how we learn and spread the knowledge that is BGE. Many wonderful people on this forum. Enjoy, Learn, Contribute, and once again Welcome. How were the burgers? :whistle:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    but too true :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Welcome to the BGE World. One thing we all have done before getting our EGGs is we spent time on the Forum getting a lot of information about the EGG. When we do get our EGG we are that much more ready to cook on it. It's better than to just jump into something and be over our heads.

Enjoy your EGG and the future cooks. You will look forward to the next cook and the next.

Gary
    Canoga Park, Ca.
  • Welcome to the cult, keep cooking and posting and take pictures

Ross
  • sharhamm
    sharhamm Posts: 258
    It really is a sickness.
    Here I am 2 months after getting my first and it has multiplied to 2. We don't even like going out to eat, or cooking inside anymore. It's mighty cold cooking outiside up here in the North.
    Sick, sick, sick.
    Enjoy your new egg.
    Sharon
  • Hey Fatmike !
    Welcome to the cult for sure and thannks for the kind remarks regarding my videos.

FYI ..I have the entire series (many of which are demonstrating cooking exclusively on the BGE) listed on the "video" page on my website ..so you can see them all in the same place also new postings are put on there regularly.

Ane we have a facebook page dedicated to grillin and pizza baking.

Happy Eggin!
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • Teach42
    Teach42 Posts: 219
    Welcome aboard! It really is the greatest cult in the world. I've cooked more in the past three months since getting one, than I have in my entire life. No joke.

Seriously, lighting up that egg is like a religious experience every single time. There's just something primal and wonderful about cooking with real lump charcoal.

Oh yeah, and so far EVERYTHING has tasted freakin' delicious :evil: