Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature Boys Chicken Thighs

Options
Painter
Painter Posts: 464
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Chris, If you're reading this could you, or anyone else tell me if Chris's Asian influenced chicken thighs are the same one posted in the new recipe files or have they been updated? I think that was the early version.
I've seen the pics posted but don't see them on the Dizzy Pig website. I know they're done direct on a raised grid but I'm looking for the marinade and seasoning that is being used. I'm thinking maybe some Dizzy Pig products are somehow involved. LOL
Thanks--Bob

Comments

• char buddy
    Options
    Painter,[p]I haven't seen Nature Boys' thighs personally, but they didn't look that skinny to me.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Bob
    The recipes I posted about 4 years ago are actually in the master recipe section. Link to one of them is below, and there is another called "Inspiration Chicken" just above it. I came up with those recipes early in my egging life, while trying to come up with some unique marinades that use ingredients my wife's family uses all the time. I have not even done those recipes for quite some time, but I remember them being tasty! Now that my palate has evolved, I am sure I would make a few changes if I were to do them again. When we finally dive ito getting some marinades to market, I will probably be cooking with marinades regularly, and will reopen this book! Also, I used to cook them indirect at higher temps, but have moved onto mostly direct on a raised grate. [p]For the past couple years, I have been cooking mostlly with just rubs, or a simple light marinade, then a rub. Tsunami is still my favorite on chicken. But I did some the other day with Gilded Splinters, and it was excellent...and a nice change of pace.[p]Feel free to email me, or give me a buzz anytime.
    Back to work!
    Cheers
    Chris

[ul][li]Early Asian Chicken[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Nature Boy,