Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crab Cake recipe wanted

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some time ago someone posted a recipe for crab cakes cooked on the grill. Knowing that someday my wife would want me to try these, I printed out the recipe and gave it to her. Now we have 8 guests coming tomorrow and she can't find the recipe. Does anyone know where this recipe is and can some of you, who have tried it, give me some tips and suggestions? Thanks in advance. Micro brews to all[p]
Tim

Comments

• bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Options
    Tim M,
    There is a crabcake recipe at www.dizzypigbbq.com

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Tim M, From the desk of Nature Boy, I had to adjust but were pretty darn good.[p]CWM
    [ul][li]Crab Cakes by Mad Max[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    bigmikej,[p]Thanks! It was Chris's recipe I think after all.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    Max gets all the credit fer dat one.....or maybe his sister!!! :-))
    Is the ocean frozen yet??
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    hey, dat one's mine. . .der aint no crabs in wyoming (at least none you'd want to eat, don't know what some of dem cowboys is totin around). .. dang, i knew it would happen. . i'm not gonna get any dap around here now. . .LOL

• usa doug
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I believe that if I lived in the Northeast, I would have a light stuck in the egg. Do real eggers cook when the temp gets below zero? I will be doing a brisket tomorrow. I need to practice. Then it's pizza again.[p]Keep your ears warm,
    Doug

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    usa doug,
    Yes, Real eggers cook below zero. Even though our campng trip was postponed, we will be going in two weeks. Good chance the temps will be down there, and we'll have two eggs with us, and tons of meat. If we don't cook on the eggs, we won't eat. Ears will be warm too! I just picked up this awesome hat with furry insides and ear flaps. Looks pretty damn cool too. Hee![p]Have fun with the brisket! I am long overdue for cooking up a nice chunk-o-chest.
    Stay warm yourself!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Tim M,
    i know you have the recipe,but here are the 'tips'[p]1. use lump or backfin, no special or claw
    2. make sure you refrigerate the crabcakes for an hour after you form them. . . this will make them hold together better. . .
    3. leave on the fish grid a little longer before the flip than after, so that they won't fall apart on you. . .[p]enjoy[p]max

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    LinkPhoto?GUID=54cf5a97-164f-4426-2a69-737d64b15bc7&size=lg
    <p />Nature Boy,[p]I got me one of them hats too...man alive..ain't nuttin like having rabbit fur wrapped round your gaint cranium for comfort and what not..the real question is if'n you got some glasses for your trip or not..[p]StumpBaby
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    StumpBaby,
    dang, we are a lot alike. .. i have one of them also. ..back when i got mine, i pulled it out of the package, stuck it on my head, and our 100 pound dog woke up, took a sniff, then leaped at my head. . .must have figured i was being attacked by a rabid rabbit and he was going to save me. .. almost bit my head off. ..

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]
    I spose you autta be countin your blessings you can still count to 11 then..I mean just spose you pulled that darned thing outta the package and figured they was underwears.[p]StumpBaby

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    usa doug,
    3 degrees F on Cape Cod when I lit the Egg last night, 5 below zero by the time I threw on the steaks. Never too cold to Egg, but planning short exposure cooks is usually wise. Been so cold around here that I don't think that the dog has peed in three days, she just cocks her head to one side and gives me that sad puppy dog look when I open the door and tell her to go out and do her business. I suppose she's lucky though, she doesnt' have to worry that it might be just about that time for the septic tank to get pumped.[p]Cheers,
    C~Q