Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread and Ribs - Success!

Options
RiverFarm
RiverFarm Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday we made two loaves of bread on the egg and then let the temperature drop a bit and put on ribs. I coated them first with a dry rub and some mustard and then cooked them indirect at 300° for an hour and a half before adding some sweet potatoes to the foil on the plate setter. The ribs were done in three hours; actually the thermapen wavered between 199 and 207. Then I brushed them with some ready-made barbecue sauce while they were resting. They were out of this world; I was afraid they would be dry but they weren't at all. My son said they were the best ribs he's ever tasted. I asked if he was tempted to get an egg himself, but he said no, he could just come over and use ours!

Thanks, everyone, for the tips and guidance!

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Glad to hear your cook went well! :) How did your sweet potato's turn out? Tim
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I am very glad the rib method worked for you - it never failed me.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RiverFarm
    Options
    The sweet potatoes were great; I had them in for about an hour and a half. They were slightly charred on the bottom but good anyway. There was a pool of drippings in the foil that helped flavor them, too.

That was a very easy way of doing ribs. In the past I've stuck them in a crockpot with a little barbecue sauce and cooked them most of the afternoon. These were dryer but still juicy and very flavorful. I used spicy mustard instead of yellow over the rub because that's all I had, but it worked very well. I do like easy recipes, especially if they taste this good!