Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I play this game?

FatDog
FatDog Posts: 39
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
Weight loss and the egg ... an interesting dichotomy! I could shed a few extra pounds and am always in need of a little support to get off of my nearly 58 year old, 204 pound tokhes and get to being less of me.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    not many of us left, january there is a big crowd, alot drop out almost immediatly but some of us stuck it thru the summer. we have been posting weighins the beginning of the week starting on mondays. some are excersizing, some are dieting, each have their own methods. mines 1500 calories beer and 500 calories food 6 days a week, no food once a week. ;):whistle: tough to do this time of year. was hoping to incorporate the row boat into the regime this fall but i have had sciatica kicking up since last february making even short walks difficult. :angry: hopefully this back and leg pain subsides for ice fishing and ski season.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • I see you are posting over here ... I just actually noticed the "weight loss forum" at the top of the page...well ...I'm on the wagon also ... too much corniccione this summer for me .... so I'm cookin but not eatin for a while. If you watch any of my videos you can watch the expansion! I'll post a couple of ideas and see if we can get some people back .
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • fishlessman
    they always come back in january :laugh: pizaza testing is what did me in as well, made pizza almost every evening working on the high heats.
    fukahwee maine

• Well ... I guess I really AM the nomex king because I fried a bunch of nomex this summer also playing with high temp / pizza cooking ...it has an "official" temp of 700 deg F. ..it's those roaring flames that really burn the gasket right off the thing. ! I have been thinking about just making a "dedicated" pizza cooker with no gasket ... anybody try that yet?

Are you really trying to lose weight?
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • fishlessman
    i dont have gaskets, havent for several years so i guess all my eggs are dedicated for pizza. the eggs work just fine with no gaskets even for low temps like 145 for jerky just dont drop the dome ;) the sticky back rutlands fail just shy of 900 degrees so they are no good either just for info. i drank away about 40 pounds this year, gained back about 5 and holding. like to drop another 20 this winter
    fukahwee maine