Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

D/L Photos From LG Phone...

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Tried taking a few photos with the LG the other day and while they did record, I can't figure out how to d/l to the 'puter. When I plugged the phone into the USB port (via a "data" cable) Windows Vista did a search and supposedly loaded the appropriate software. It created a desktop icon (shortcut to "F" drive) but clicking on it (with the phone connected) does nothing, even after a restart. Also, I am not seeing "F" drive when I go to 'My Computer'. Anyone been through this? Thanks for any help...

Comments

• Rooster K
    Rooster K Posts: 416
    Which LG do you have. I have the ENV Touch. I send them as a pix message to Photobucket. I take the pick then when it asks to save or send the pic hit send. I then choose the To Blog. It will ask you for a upload address. To get the upload addy go to your photobucket account and click on the mobile upload button.

If you have a memory card you can save the pic to the card and use the micro SD card adapter to put the card in the SD drive if you have one on your PC.

Let me know if you have questions.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Not sure if this will help with your phone but i had to enable my phone in the menu to allow it to be used as a mass storage device before I could get to my photos via usb cable. As rooster K said, a camera card reader will also work.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Rascal
    Thanks for the help! I'm not much of a 'texter' so I've got to figure out how to type such things as @ and _ . I'm sure they're in there somewhere... Gotta get the manual out! This thing is as amazing as **** Tracy's 2-way wrist radio was years ago!

tracywristradio.jpg
  • Rascal
    Thanks! What kind of phone do you have?
  • Photo Egg
    I use a BlackBerry now but last T-mobile phone worked the same way. I don't know if this will help in your case but thought I would post anyway.
    The other thought, make sure you have your phone photo default location to your memory card and not your phones built in memory.
    Hope you get it working.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    what model LG?
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Trick question, who picked F drive? do you have d,e being used by what? F maybe the phone and maybe have g-z as the data disk, phones do this, they will aslo mask the disk card as D, then other drives will show and the dsik will be hidden, I always make my CD/DVD as Y and Z drive so not to conflick with data cards