Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Pork Tenderloin

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just enjoyed a fine meal of a pork tenderloin, rubbed generously with drbbq's Bonesmokers rub then grilled direct at about 375 until an internal temp of about 145. I hit it with a second coating of rub about a minute or two before taking off the grill, and served it alongside Mary's Gourmet BBQ Sauce (I'm still getting a lot of mileage out of that bbqforum.com special I bought myself for Christmas).[p]The pork was a tad pink, but ridiculously juicy at that temp. None of the three folks eating (me, myself, and I) complained about the pink, though. Rather, we all enjoyed the juice![p]Topped this off with some leftover Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake I made for New Years (http://www.foodtv.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_20677,00.html) which is kind of a cross between pumpkin pie and yellow cake which is ridiculously buttery rich.[p]Life is good as I cap off this work hiatus! Monday back at work will be rough![p]Heeee,
Cornfed

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I hear you! Just polished off the last of my pork tenderloin leftovers. I think that is possibly my favorite piece of meat.
    Let's not talk about Monday just yet, ok! Got a "little" football game left on Sunday night.[p]GO TIGERS!!!

• Cornfed,[p]It all sounds great, Dave. I've made that Pumpkin Gooey Cake and it is wonderful. As is the Vanilla one. And I'm going to make a chocolate one for my next one. Paula Deen has a recipe for one somewhere.[p]Lee

• Cornfed
    Options
    QSis,[p]I love chocolate, and am planning on trying that chocolate peanut butter variation from that same page. The instructions say simply to substitute the yellow cake with chocolate and the pumpkin with creamy peanut butter. I'm not sure if the nutmeg and cinammon are still necessary, though.[p]I was attracted to the recipe for its simplicity and, quite frankly, its richness! If you're going to go for desserts, you may as well go all out![p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Options
    Shelby,[p]This is a seriously nice football weekend. Tomorrow, I have some business to attend to in the morning before some planned home tailgating and NFL playoff watching in the late afternoon and evening. Sunday, I am going to try to get back to reality without any beer while watching the two NFL playoff games before the BCS championship college game in the evening. I do have this nasty work responsibility of about 2000 emails which have surely accumulated since I've been on vacation, but I plan on browsing through those while watching football and eating pork on Sunday, so those will hopefully mitigate the pain![p]OK, though, I agree - there is no Monday until Monday! Enjoy the pork, the weekend, and the football until then![p]Later,
    Cornfed