Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oriental Flank Steak???

AZ Geoff
AZ Geoff Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last summer I went to a potluck and someone brought some flank steak that they had cooked on their EGG. It was delicious!!! I think he told me it was called Oriental Flank Steak or something like that. It was sliced very thin and it was superb!! Does anyone recall a recipe for something like that??
Thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Hi Geoff,
    This marinade might give you some ideas. From what you descibe, you might want to eliminate the jerk, and add some fresh grated ginger and a little sesame oil.....maybe even some diced scallions and roasted sesame seeds....and/or a splash of sherry. Yum.[p]Grill the flank steak hot and fast and slice the medium rare steak thin against the grain.[p]Serve with sticky asian rice spashed with Maggi seasoning and crushed pan roasted peanuts. Stir fried veggies and grilled pineapple would be a nice side.
    Just ramblin.....
    Cheers!
    Chris

[ul][li]Oyster Sauce Marinade[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy, As much as I love sherry in just about everything, for a more oriental flavor you might try rice cooking wine from an oriental market. It's similar to dry sherry but has a subtle difference.

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    AZ Geoff,
    This is my favorite recipe for flank steak. I make 2 batches of the marinade. One to marinade the sliced meat and one to have heated at the meal and drizzle over the steak and rice. Really good.[p]Bob

[ul][li]Korean Flank Steak[/ul]