Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats Everbody Cooking for New Years Day

Options
YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having honey baked ham,pork loin,collards,black eye peas,potato salad and pecan pie.
Larry

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    YB,
    doing trex steaks and tsunami spin shrimp tonight. .. [p]tomorrow, getting together with brett, nature boy, and hopefully charbuddy, and we plan on everything from more trex steaks and shrimp, to peking duck, chicken, ribs and some of NB's famous squigily squids. . .[p]yep, our own little mini new years day eggfest. ..gonna be fun. .[p]happy new years to you and yours[p]max

• YB
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Sounds like you guys are going to have a feast...Have fun and don't let Chris have any beer...hehehe
    Larry

• char buddy
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]hey dude - good news.[p]me and woodoogies is going to come down there and eat with youse guys.[p]this is so last minute that I doubt we'll bring anything 'cept our appetites.[p]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    char buddy ,
    don't worry about the food, the fact that both you guys are coming down is good enough. .. .that's great news!!!. . .lookin forward to seeing you.. .

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    YB, I'm cooking for the Oglethorpe University basketball team. We're having stuffed pork loin (Mr Toad's) along with a couple of wild boar loins and turkey breast. Then we'll have some collard greens with pepper relish, some black-eyed peas, a green bean casserole, a sweet potato souffle, rice with spicy tomato sauce and some Corny-cornbread (sort of like drbbq's). For dessert they get some of my Mom's cookies. Just hope they'll be able to move Friday night at their game.

• YB
    Options
    Wise One,
    I wish I was eating with you tomorrow Bill....Happy New Year.
    Larry

• Ed Earl
    Options
    YB,
    Did a 20# fresh ham, Dizzy pigged and then coverd with crushed garlic. 17 hours of fantastic aroma.[p]Happy New Year To All[p]Ed

• GrillMeister
    Options
    YB,[p]We're having pulled pork tonight and tomorrow, along with saurkraut. Mrs. GrillMeister baked a German bread that looks like a doughboy and it is a tradition for good luck in the new year. I'll also make the first batch of ABT's for 2004 in the morning. I'm sure they'll help a hangover. [grin][p]Happy New Year!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    Cooking turds tonight. For New Years Day, I got a rack of baby backs, spare ribs and beef ribs. We are thinking of doing a batch of hoppin' Jack, too.
  • Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    Cooking turds tonight. For New Years Day, I got a rack of baby backs, spare ribs and beef ribs. We are thinking of doing a batch of hoppin' Jack, too.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]It's gonna be a lot of fun to see you guys........ and more importantly, to eat your food. The menu sounds fantastic.[p]Gotta love that char buddy..... he can talk me into anything.[p]Be safe tonight and see y'all tomorrow for New Year's Day![p]John[p][p][p]
  • Brett
    Brett Posts: 56
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Good Deal! Come early so you all can get in on the fun creative part (though the eating part is also nice.)[p]Brett

• YB,
    traditional fare for Southern folks...
    pork, black eyed peas, white rice, greens (collards) and corn bread..[p]Mojo pork.. maybe not so traditional there.........
    Happy New Year![p]

• VaDave
    VaDave Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm cooking six 2-1/2 pound maine lobsters...and I feel guilty for saying this, but i'm not doing them on the egg. I really want to try grilled lobsters, but my guests aren't feeling terribly adventurous, and I admit I'm a bit afraid of ruining them. So this time I'll stick with the tried and true steamed lobster. Happy new year to all.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Brett,[p]We're planning on leaving biddy's between 10-11 am. Something tells me I'm going to need a little sleep after tonight's partying....... and I know I'll be needing some goooooood hangover food.[p]heeeeeee!

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    YB,[p]First having a little red caviar to start the evening. Decided then I'll take a nap and set the alarm for around 11 p.m. [p]Then will have some prime filets all around (debating Trex vs sear and dwell). Husband wanted a little lobster tail on the side, so one of those. Offspring and I opted for some side shrimp (big ones), so will throw those on la egg also. Some veggies, a little salad with pine nuts and balsamic, and that should do it. Calm the houndie down from the inevitable fireworks outside and crawl back in bed full of food, full of wine, champagne, and whatever else works its way in.[p]Best to everyone here! Let's make 2004 a good one.[p]mShark
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    YB,
    hehe. Fat chance dude![p]Yeah, this sounds like a blast. Brett and Max are great hosts, and with Woo and Char this party will really get pushed to the next level! Hopefully I can get some good fresh squidlies tomorrow.[p]Happy New Year to you Larry.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • MollyShark,
    Eve or Day?

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Options
    YB,
    Tonight, wifey and I are going to some friend's home where we will have wings and ABT's that I have done on the grill along with some steamed oysters being prepared by our friends. Naturally, that facilitated the purchase of some new oyster knives.[p]Tomorrow ... with the same friends ... slow cooked pork loin (a'la egg), cornbread, blackeyed peas, collards, and my Mom's pecan pie! [p]Here's wishing everyone a great new year and happy egging!!! And, thanks to all for the help over these first three months of egging.[p]Doc

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    beth,[p]Eve or day? Eve. All of it. Of course it will probably be day by the time I'm done![p]mShark
  • ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    YB,
    Ribeyes about 2 inch thicks, 2.5 lbs!
    Pictures to follow.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    VaDave,
    On the medium egg as I'm typing,
    (2 each) two rib roast, salad and smashed taters. Chips and salsa before dinner,drinks, and cut up veggies.[p]Happy New Year,
    New Bob[p]Guest are here, have to run.

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    I'm in the process of making stock from the carcass of my Christmas ham (Dr. Chicken’s Double Smoked Ham). I've also got my 15 varieties of beans soaking. Sooo, it's going to be ham and bean soup.
  • VaDave
    VaDave Posts: 21
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Happy new years to you then....My guests are now taking a nap before dinner...oh, the lonely life of a chef! (Time for a beer)
  • ToyCollector
    Options
    I am trying the Tri-tip recipe from the 99 Eggtoberfest. Need to do some searches to see how people liked it. Should have done that before I committed to it though ;-)
  • PG
    PG Posts: 50
    Options
    YB,
    Tonight we did new york strips and Wess's coconut shrimp....for tomorrow 2 racks of babybacks and more steaks and shrimp with our neighbors.......Happy New Year to all and may we see you all at EGGFEST in Waldorf......Page

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    YB,
    Smoked almonds, and then later beef tenderloin[p]Happy New One![p]Chuck

• Here in the heartland (Indiana) it will be 55 deg. F today and we'll be having a sirloin tip (on the smoker now) and smoked salmon (any recipe suggestions?). I'm going to give the Naked Whiz's cabbage and Romain lettuce dish a try as well.[p]I've just been reading about oysters ... the local Marsh has them on sale today. If I just pop them on the grill until the shell opens are they done? Add butter or what?
  • Tar Heel Smokey Mon
    Options
    YB,[p]Pork Loin w / Curried Mango Sauce, Garlic Mashers, Collard Greens, Crowder Peas, Cornbread...[p]Happy New Year from Virgina Beach,
    Tar Heel Smokey Mon

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    YB, There's plenty of food and still time. Come on down.