Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Grill Home

Options
FatDog
FatDog Posts: 164
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
eggstand.jpg
<p />My two daughters and my oldest daughters boyfriend made me this for Christmas. Now my egg doesn't have to sit out on the deck unprotected. I have good kids ... and Charles (the boyfriend) is super! Now ... I think a mini would look good sitting on the other end.

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    FatDog,
    Good kids they are...and I'm guessing the boyfriend is a pretty good carpenter too. I also guess they wanna make it easy for you to cook more on the egg![p]My neighbors got me an apron (same as a tie for folks who cook) so I'd be inclined to cook and hopefully have more leftovers.[p]Merry Christmas!

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    FatDog, You have wonderful children! I hope when my children are old enough to be trusted with tools, they do something like this. Maybe they could build an addition on the house for the BGEs since I already have a table? [p]BeerMike

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Charcoal Mike
    Options
    outleft.jpg
    <p />FatDog,
    Hey that looks familiar! :-)[p]Very nice - what does it look like inside the cabinet? Do you have any drawers - the one thing I really wish mine had ?[p]Cheers to you, and happy holidays ![p]- Mike

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Options
    Charcoal Mike,
    An amazing likeness, indeed! I believe my kids spent some time looking around the forum at at TNW's site to get the design for my table. No drawer here, either. The cabinet is huge and has plenty of space for lump, chips, tools, etc. All-in-all, a great gift![p]Doc

• FatDog,
    good luck on youre new grill. I reccomend J.J's Rub on just about anything!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Charcoal Mike,
    Hiya Mike!
    As for doing a retrofit to include a drawer or two that is a real simple job when you use stainless steel drawer hardware available and any home improvement center. Then all you need to make is a simple box- afterall that's all a drawer is - and screw on the hardware. Even just one shallow drawer near the top inside your double doors would be terrific for utensils and toys.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.