Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No vampires here tonight!!!!!!

vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found a recipe for roasted garlic new potatos and I just had to try it tonight with some ribs. OMG these potatoes are to die, but be sure everyone likes GARLIC....LOL
Here are a few pics:

001-31-1.jpg

005-35-1.jpg

Plated

006-27-1.jpg

Comments

• :woohoo: man-o-man, Kim Yum, those look great!! Have a big stash of California garlic just sittin in a bowl lookin for somethin like that!! Please share recipe. Thanks B)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Kim,

I just finished my mashed potatoes for thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Three large buds. Nothin like spuds and garlic :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Kim:

Those look fantastic...NEED recipe!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• vidalia1
    Roasted Garlic & New Potatoes

20 small to medium new potatoes cut in quarters
    4-6 whole heads of garlic
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1 cup white wine
    Kosher salt
    Fresh ground black pepper

Get BGE stabilized at 375 indirect. Use a a pan with deep sides and place the quartered potatoes in the pan. Cut the tops off of the garlic heads and place in the pan with the potaoes. Pour the wine & olive oil over the potatoes. Generously salt & pepper the potatoes & garlic. Tightly cover the pan with HD AF and shake the pan vigourously. Place the covered pan on the grate of BGE and cook covered for 1 hour. Then uncover pan and roast for 30 more minutes at 375 indirect. When the garlic & potatoes are browned remove from BGE and carefully take garlic cloves out and stir in with the potatoes...add butter & salt & pepper & enjoy.

I cut this recipe in half since it was 2 of us and I added a sliced onion...it really was easy & delicious.... :lol: :silly:
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Kim,

That is lookin' good! Got to luv garlic!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I do a very similar recipe except I add some chopped fresh rosemary and no wine. The wine sounds good, I just haven't tried it. Highly recommend the rosemary! I have yet to try these in the egg, but in my oven, I roast in Pyrex for about 30-35 minutes at 425*. Easy and outstanding!!

OMG, I just noticed you said 4-6 HEADS of garlic!! I only use 4-6 CLOVES!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• vidalia1
    Yep Michael...4-6 heads... :woohoo: :pinch: :woohoo:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Kim delicioso......I burnt my potatoes last night..... :pinch:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    You should submit a photo to win Bubba Tims Burnt Offerings Award! :)
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Can't wait to try these! Thanks for posting pics and the recipe.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Kim,

Thanks for the recipe! I love roasting garlic for mashed potatoes, but that looks even better.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Just beautiful!! You know we will want the recipe. Ribs look great! Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE