Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody still up?? Just put a butt on.

Options
smoky b
smoky b Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Whole fam is coming over for the bama-ole miss game tomorrow so I got an 8lb butt on right now. Couple of pics below. Roll Tide!!

The raws.
015.jpg
016.jpg

The setup. Nothing fancy--plate setter and drip pan with just enough water to keep drippings from burning.
018.jpg
019.jpg

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Good luck on the butt. I'm watching the BOS v LAA game.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow. We are headed out camping south of Anniston at Camp Sequoyah with the boys. Cub Haunted weekend.
  • smoky b
    Options
    Me too. Go Angels. (big yanks fan)
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    NYY guy here also. Anybody beating BOS is my friend. :)
  • smoky b
    Options
    Been there. That is gorgeous country. Have fun with the fam! Some of my best childhood memories are from camping with dad. I can't wait until the little guy is old enough to go camping.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    The wife is staying and I am taking both boys. It will be the first campout for the 6 yr old with scouts.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Camping is a lot of fun. Scouts was a lot of fun as well. I hope your boys stick with it. B)
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I'm up. Getting ready to put a brisket point on for burnt ends. Hoping it dont finish till at least 8 in the morning. I will probably keep the egg rolling in the morning and cook some wings for Auburn-Ar Kansas game. Ha! WAR EAGLE!
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Gene,
    You do any facebooking? I just started
  • salem
    salem Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm doing the same. To be followed by some briskets tomorrow morning.
    juston2.jpg
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I’m up too….Just got home from work! However I am not cooking tonight or tomorrow as I will be off to a band competition all day tomorrow. I do hope to be cooking on Sun. though….Unless I’m plowing snow all day!!
    It’s snowing now and is forecast to continue!! Holly Molly, I’m not ready for that yet!!
    Good luck on your butt and party!
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Good luck on the butt Graham,I looked at them today ,they only had boneless,so I passed.I think your Bama's are pretty solid and will take care of Ole Miss.Ineed Bama to lose for USC to have a chance, but god luck tomorrow.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    SNOWING???? Uggghh!!! Where the heck do you live??? :blink: That's why we live in Florida.... I'll give you a call in Janurary to compare notes... :laugh: :silly: :laugh:
  • Little Chef
    Options
    RSM...Why did you pass on boneless?? Nothing wrong with them, though you do lose a bit of bark from the netting..... BUTT ;) ....still a great cook. ;):whistle:
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I’m in North Central MN.
    Dependent upon the size of the map… :silly: I’m about an inch South of Canada and Rainy Lake.
    And YES!! It is a bit early for this weather!
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Wow! Hope you get a round of what we used to call as a kid.,..."Indian Summer"!!!! I truly can't imagine having to deal with snow again.... :blink: :blush: . Stay safe, and stay warm....and yes...I am rooting for your Vikings thanks to Brett. :);) (as long as they aren't playing my Pats!!!) :laugh: :whistle: Stay warm. ;) We gonna see you in Atlanta???
  • Smokin Squires
    Options
    I'm up. and greetings from Flintville TN. Just up the road from Elora. Not cooking today but am judging the goat festival in Lewisburg TN today. 25 professional teams 4 catagories and goat. We re cooking shade tree at the Jack Daniels bbq deal on Oct 24. Any u guys out there? Last yr I used a home made water smoker. This yr watch out. Invested in 2 xl and 1 lg bge and got 2 digiq2 units. Will be cooking all night in the ball field friday the 23rd. Stop bye.

Tony
    Smokin Squires
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Smokyb and salem,
    I hope your cooks go very well! :)

Mr. & Mrs. Potatohead, Don't plow to much snow and you know what they say. Watch out where the Huskys go and don't you eat that yellow snow! :laugh: Hey I have an Uncle in Rochester. My Grandmother will be 100 this coming December in Whitehall, Wisconsin.

Smokin Squires,
    Cindy and I may be coming your way for the Oct. 24,2009 in Lynchburg event. We won't be competing though just motoring on our Road King. It looks like we are something like 130 miles apart North and South. We are from Lafayette, Tn. up in Macon County. That is if I can get over an alement I have at this most inopportune time! :ohmy: I seem to be having a case of kidney stones and I hope I pass it soon. I get them a lot and I am preparing to be in Atlanta Q'n. I get these stones a lot. Must be something in the water! :sick: Tim
  • Ohatchee
    Options
    Roll Tide.....gonna hit the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores in lieu of egging today. I'm a little guarded about the Ole Miss game...but I think we take care of business! ;)
  • Tarpon65
    Tarpon65 Posts: 205
    Options
    Looks good. I marinated a pork butt in mojo and put ours on this morning. Will make for a very late dinner, but it should be good with some black beans and rice. Go Gators! :whistle:
  • EggLuver
    Options
    Hi,
    Did you happen to get any pics of the finished product you could post for us? Also, I am new and haven't done a large one of these yet, but want to very soon. I really appreciate your pics and description of your set up. Could you tell me what temp you cooked at, for how long, and your internal temp? Thanks again!
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I hope to see some Indian Summer too!!
    Oct. 10th. about 2” of snow and 26 F. is not normal :ohmy: . I’m pretty sure it won’t last and we will see some nice temps. yet this fall…But this sure is a wake up call. I have to find my longies!
    As for getting to Atlanta…I can’t even seem to find time to get to a fest 200 miles South (Twin Cities) of here :blush: , but someday I hope to make it.