Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best choice for camping

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am a BGE devotee. I have a large one but need one for traveling with my fifth wheel. The large one is just too big and heavy to deal with. I am trying to decide between a medium and small. I need all the advice and experience you can share.
Thanks
Dave

Comments

• Mac  in NC
    Options
    Camping chef,[p]If camping is what you want to do, I would suggest the small or mini. The medium is just too heavy. I personally have a mini and love it. Compact and inexpensive. Grills like a dream. It's just my wife and I but I have also cooked for a group of four with no problems at all. The small is what the majority of campers on this forum have I believe but then I only base that on the number of folks who have responded to this question in the past. Whatever you choose, it will make your camping trips some of the best. People are always coming up to us and asking what the "green thing" is. Mac
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Camping chef,[p]I have the small for camping and picnics. It travels quite well. The link below is from a previous thread with pics and descriptions.[p]Cheers!
    [ul][li]Traveling Egg Link.[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Camping chef,[p]I use a small with my 5th wheel camper and am very happy with it. You can e-mail me for additional information.[p]Old Dave

• GrillMeister,
    Good looking crate. I had something similar in mind . Thanks for the help.

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Camping chef,
    I take both my small and mini when we go camping and use them both every evening. I usually do veggies of some kind on the small and our meat on the mini. But if I could only take one it would be the small - it is much more versatile and you can get quite a bit more on it.