Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant Depot/Royal Oak

Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Check your local supplier I just made a big score this morning.Twenty lb.USA for $7.88.Had to pick through a lot of stuff from South America.

Comments

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Bill,

WOW that is a deal. Guess you need a business license/tax ID to get into those stores?
  • Darnoc
    That is correct.Or a non profit organization with a tax exempt card.
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    I went by the RD in Jax, Fl last week, and they had the same deal, but it was 17.8lb bags :angry: . Good thing I have a stash (or what's left of it) in the garage :) .

Gs3-3-2009182.jpg
  • SmokinJ
    SmokinJ Posts: 220
    I bought some not realizing it was from paraguay and that stuff, it took for ever to light and had alot ash flying around.I went back to GFS and bought there brand which is R.O. $12.00 for 20 pounds.
  • Darnoc
    By the looks of the display that they had it seemed to be whatever was left over they stacked it up.More than likely the bar code was different because the price tag on the isle was $9.09 per bag and when I got to the check out and came up at that price I made a U turn and bought all that they had.
  • Decided to go with 20lb bags of Humphreys (never used but Naked boy gives it a big thumbs up) for $9.99 (about the same price as when he tested it 6 years ago!) that I found at wholesale butcher in Newark, NJ....best meat, prices and custom cuts available.
    ----

Not sure if they let you pick the stuff up at their warehouse to avoid the (ridiculous but understandable per-bag shipping fee) but for people in Lancaster, PA The Web Restaurant Store sells Royal Oak, 20 lbs for $6.59

Can't tell country of origin (US is said to be best) but here are the UPC Numbers: 016800101465, 016800151187, 016800294198, 400010132027, 400010132034

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/charcoal-briquettes-20-lb-bag/688CBRIQ.html