Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally got in a cook and it turned out PDG.

I laid out a slice of ham and a slice of provolone cheese and slathered them with pesto sauce, rolled everything up and stuffed and tied chicken breasts.

Here is the prep and the finished breasts, ready for the grill. They were rubbed with Uncle Henry's, Raspberry Chipotle Rub.

01-10-09StuffedBreastsinPrep.jpg

01-10-09StuffedBreastsPrepped.jpg

I cooked these direct at 350, with some mulberry wood for flavor. It took about 45 minutes.

01-10-09StuffedBreastsontheGrill.jpg

Here we are plated with some potatoes and a nice salad.

01-10-09StuffedBreastsPlated.jpg

Comments

• duchunter
    duchunter Posts: 110
    Great looking dinner!!!

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Love it!! Great cook.
    Mulberry? You have acess to the motherload? How's the flavor? Makes for a great color.
    Thanks Bob.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BobS
    Thanks for the comments!

I bought the mullberry in St Louis, when I was visiting a friend. This is the first time I have used it and I thought it was pretty good. It it hard to describe a flavor, but I think this was a lot like cherry.

It is good, and I will pick up some more, if I get a chance, but with apple, cherry, and pecan available, I am not going to worry about it.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    That is the seasoning I use on my duck breasts,It is a really good flavor.Nice cook on the bird.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • BobS
    I agree about using Uncle Henry's, Raspberry Chipotle on duck breasts -- I did it a couple of weeks ago and it was great.

Last time I cooked them, I did something new -

I made some cashew butter, spread it on flour tortillas, added some fig jam, thin slices of fennel and red onion and then topped with sliced duck breast. It was great.

Cashew Butter: Put roasted cashews in a food processor and grind very smooth. While the blade is running, slowly drizzle in a small amount of oil and watch as it comes together as a paste.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    I read your post last night and liked the meal. Very nice cook and pics.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Thanks Bob. :) That looks so good I copied it down and I am thinking about trying it tonight. :P TIm
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Was the chicken moist, 45 minutes seems like a long time, but maybe I am wrong. Looks delicious!
  • :ermm: hmmmmmmmm, let's see.....

sliced buck board
    sliced smoked provalone
    pesto
    skinless/boneless chicken breasts
    cherry chipotle sauce
    multitude of smokin woods
    BGE raised direct at 350 about 45 minutes

:woohoo: looks like i've got all the ingredients for Saturday night's cook :silly: :lol:
    Thanks! B)
  • BobS
    Thanks for all the comments folks.

The chicken was nice and moist. The 45 minutes was just a function of the dome temp and the raised grate.

I have cooked them longer and at lower temps and they come out great too.

For this, I would probably shoot for 400 next time, just to make it a little faster.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Great looking chicken Bob. Looks like a mighty tasty dinner you had.