Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken and Pork Loin

Options
Rib Fan
Rib Fan Posts: 305
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked up some BBQ the last few days.

First did some free range chicken quarters. Cherry wood, raised direct, 290 for about 1.5 hours.

img_0620.jpg

img_0619.jpg

Sauced with about 30 minutes to go.

img_0621.jpg

img_0622.jpg

Then some pork loin roast. Apple chunks and cherry, raised direct, 300, pulled at 135.

img_0628.jpg

img_0631.jpg

img_0632.jpg

img_0634-1.jpg

Wayne

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Oh yeah, nice job on both of those.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Wayne, the color on both of those cooks is wicked beautiful!! Great pictures too!!
    Nice job man!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SeattleQ
    Options
    Beautiful color on those chicken quarters! Did you baste them with anything?
  • Rib Fan
    Options
    SeattleQ wrote:
    Beautiful color on those chicken quarters! Did you baste them with anything?

Thanks...I sauced with a commercial honey-garlic BBQ sauce that I doctored with hot sauce and pepper. Simple sometimes is the best.

Wayne
  • Rib Fan
    Options
    I absolutely love cherry and thankful I have an endless supply :) That is a big factor on the colour. Colour is secondary...the taste is what steers me toward the cherry. Second by the fragrant nature during a cook.
    Thanks for the comments.

Wayne
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Hey Wayne,

Great lookin' cook. The finished colors are great!
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    The skin on that chicken is as perfect as I've ever seen Wayne. Beautiful!