Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops, first time?

Options
Wanabe
Wanabe Posts: 355
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I’m going to grill Lamb Chops for the first time soon. I was wondering what seasoning to use. I have all the Dizzy Pig rubs but if you know of another that is special please tell me.

We purchased them at Costco the other day and they look great. They are about 1 ½” thick, cannot wait to get started!

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Options
    Hi Wanabe,

Lamb chops on the egg are wonderful. I tend to keep them simple and rub them with a little oil, any kind will work and with a little salt, pepper and either thyme or rosemary, which ever you prefer. I cook them on a raised grid with a fairly hot fire, 400º-500º, direct. I use the same internal temperature as I would for a steak, 125º for med-rare. They will probably cook in about the same amount of time as a steak of similar thickness. I am guessing that they are New Zealand lamb which is the mildest and I would try not to over do the seasonings or that may be all you can taste.

Gator

• Little Steven
    Options
    Wanabe,

I agree with Gator. You don't want to overpower the flavour you are paying top dollar for. You can season leg or shoulder cuts heavily.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Wanabe
    Wanabe Posts: 355
    Options
    Thanks, makes sense to me.
  • Texas Eggie
    Options
    Thanks - I just bought some yesterday and will try this tommorrow.