Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Supper

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yep that's all I had, nothin else needed. Don't knock it ,if you ain't tried it! Think the wifey loves em as much as I do, we thank our new affiliation with the forum everyday but nothin in there more than the ABT's we're now able to enjoy. I bought, prepared, and cooked them little devils all after 5pm yesterday and was sittin down with a Skunk beer devourin em by 7:30. Skunk beer is what I call them Heineken beers in case your wonderin. I love the skunk smell in there, wish they had deodorant made out of it. Ain't found nothin good to eat that them beers don't go good with, well, except desert which I ain't much on anyhow.

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Chet,[p]I'm thinkin' ya need to figure out a dessert that uses the jalapeños. You might find you like desserts.
  • Pakak,
    Nah Pakak, too many jellopeenyos makes for a sorry nights sleep...I'm just going to keep drinking my deserts that way them that I already ate will get diluted good.

• Chet,
    I'm sorry to ask such a dumb question, but what is an ABT? Much appreciated,
    William

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turds[p]The name may not be politically correct, but it is what it is! ABT's are jalapeno peppers seeded and stuffed with cream cheese and your choice of filling, then wrapped in bacon and grilled (see link below). I use Grillmeister's recipe.[p]Cut jalapeno's in half and remove seeds and membrane
    Slop in some cream cheese
    Spread some prepared minced garlic on top (the kind in a jar)
    Sprinkle with your favorite rub (I use Dizzy Dust)
    Place cocktail smoky link in pepper on cream cheese
    Top with bacon and cook[p]Enjoy![p]

[ul][li]ABT's[/ul]
  • JSlot,
    Not the answer I thought I would get! But now I feel a little smarter. Thanks!

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    JSlot,
    Each time I prepare ABTs, I try a different meat. On Thanksgiving, I used, very thinly sliced prosciutta ham. That topping got a 100% vote of approval from the immediate family & guests.[p]I cooked them for snacks while the 2 turkeys were being smoked.[p]I will make them again for snacks for the Christmas spiral cut, bone-in ham.

• 18210978.jpg
    <p />Chet,
    Just wanted to weigh in, I agree 100% with the Heineken verdict.