Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating ribs?

bcrawfo2
bcrawfo2 Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm practicing baby backs for a party in a few weeks. I got the smallest package (3 racks) from our wholesale club.
It's just my wife and I, so can I reheat them the next day? Or should I take them to a neighbor/friend?

Comments

• If I lived next door my answer would be different...you can re-heat them.
  • Put them on a plate and cover with plastic wrap and throw them in the micro on half power for a few dozen seconds and they come out fine.
  • I cut mine into 4-bone portions, wrap them in foil, and reheat in the oven at 325 degrees. Takes about 20 minutes if the oven is preheated or 25-30 minutes if you stick them in while it heats up.

Another method is to pull the ribs off the egg about 30 minutes before they are done on the first day. Don't sauce them. Let them cool, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate. When you are ready for leftovers, fire up the egg and reheat the ribs. Sauce them like you normally would. After about 30 minutes, they will be as good as the ribs from the night before. Maybe even better.

BTW, with just you and your wife, you are going to be eating leftover ribs for a long time. I would recommend freezing one of the slabs for later, if you have sturdy freezer bags.
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    I foil mine with a little apple juice and put them in the oven @ 225 for a 1/2 hour or so. Then I throw them on the gasser to crisp back up and give a new coat of sauce.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon