Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello from Germany !

Options
Caruso
Caruso Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hello to all !
first I would like once introduce:

my name is camillo, i'm 30 years old and i live in germany in leverkusen.
I am a team member of the "TB & the BBQ-Scouts" and at home and grill nearly every day.
sorry for my english which is unfortunately not so good and and I hope I can meet some of you in october on the "EGGtoberfest 2009".

and this are my fist steps with my BGE (ok it's a mini :laugh: ;))

21_fp1_1.jpg

21_fp4_1.jpg

21_fpw1_1.jpg

21_fpw2_1.jpg

21_fp5_1.jpg

21_fp8_1.jpg

21_fp10_1.jpg

21_fp11_2.jpg

21_fp12_1.jpg

21_fp13_1.jpg

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    And Hello to you from Spring, Texas USA.

It looks as if you have both a good command of the language and cooking on your new Mini BGE.

We will look forward to seeing you at Eggtoberfest.

Spring "This Side Of The Planet" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Hello from California and welcome to the Cult.

Enjoy your Mini. It looks like you are off to a good start. I have a Mini, Small and Large but use the Mini and use it about 50% of the time.
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Looks great and don't worry about your English...Mine is horrible and it is my native tongue!!
  • StoicDude
    Options
    Herzlich willkommen, und gruesse aus Reno.
    Habe in Deutschland, in Elsdorf, ungefaehr 30km von Koeln, 4 Jahre gelebt. War letzten monat auch mal wieder da um die verwandten zu besuchen.

Falls du was zum uebersetzen brauchst, lass mich wissen.
    Have fun with your Mini. That was my first BGE as well.
    Wieviel hat es da gekostet? Ihr habt ja immer die hoeheren preise.

How much was the Mini in Germany? I was looking at some Webers while I was there and the prices were almost double, compared to the US.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Welcome to Egg-land,
    Congratulations on your mini, looks like you're having fun with it. Keep posting pictures of your cooks and come here with any questions.

I spent about 17 months in Kitzingen between 1967 and 1968. A small town just outside of Wurzburg, I understand the bases are no longer open.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Greetings from Canada! :laugh:
    Don't worry about your English. Food cooked on a BGE is a universal language! And your Language looks very good to me! ;)
    Welcome to the Cult! :woohoo:
  • BayouMark
    Options
    Welcome from Cajun country in Louisiana. We cajuns murder the english with a mixture of french, creole, and possibly gaelic. The cooks look great. Looks like you have many of the xtras for a great cook. Next on the list could be a large bge. It's great to see egging becoming universal. As said above, good food has an international language. :)
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Einen willkommen Camillo... that's about it for my 30+ year old German :laugh: I lived near Frankfurt 1975 - 1978 - best three years of my life.

The mini rocks and your cook looks great!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    I'm not sure what that is you're cooking, but it some of the best looking food I've seen in a while.

Welcome!

Mike (LawnRanger)
  • Don Marco
    Options
    Welcome buddy ! B)

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • Welcome Camillo:

I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

My wife is german, her family is from Cuxhaven Germany!

Ein Prosit!

Michael
  • Caruso
    Options
    Lawn Ranger wrote:
    I'm not sure what that is you're cooking, but it some of the best looking food I've seen in a while.

Welcome!

Mike (LawnRanger)

ups :whistle::blush: , it was pork tenderloin (i hope that's correct) on a maple plank with with mushrooms.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Welcome from Maine :) looks like you know what you are doing and we look forward to meeting you in Atlanta in Oct. 5 weeks is all!!!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Looks fantastic!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Welcome from Whidbey Island, Washington.

Don't worry about your English, which is in fact pretty darn great. And any English at all is a lot better than my German! :lol:

Your photos looks yummy. What is in that mixture of mushrooms?

So are you coming to the Atlanta Eggtoberfest or were you referring to an eggfest in Germany? I know you guys have them over there too. Would love to meet you if you come to Atlanta!!!

Gwen aka Dimple's Mom
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    YUMMEE LOOKIN EATS!Welcome! :)
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    I'll make you a deal. I will not talk about your English (which you probably do better than me coming from the Southern US) and you don't make fun of my spelling!! :laugh: This is a cooking forum not an English leason and if your skills on an Egg look to be as good all ready as the pics look you are well above the learning curve!! All that and on a Mini!! :whistle: Remind me some time and I'll show you how to make a Sazcrc with that Jim Bean. I use the rye version but the sour mash works just fine! ;)
    Spring09april19009-1.jpg

Spring09april19010-3.jpg
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Welcome Camillo! It looks like you are a natural cook using the egg. I look forward to meeting you in October! Your english is just fine! I'm glad to have you cooking with us!
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Hello from Edmonton Canada. Welcome, hope it continues for you as well as it started. I am very much looking forward to seeing German recipes and cooking translated to the egg!

Enjoy

Doug
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Welcome Camillo!
    Your going to have fun with your new mini egg. :woohoo: