Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezing ABTs?

Options
Dixie Dream
Dixie Dream Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All (resubmitted)

Have a new Xtra Lg (about 1 month) so far doing pretty good with no real failures. I have a food saver and am thinking about making a bunch of ABTs to keep around for impromptu guests and wonder if anybody has had any luck freezing them and if so how do you reheat.

Thanks

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I do it all the time, in tuperware so Im sure the Foodsaver would be even better. I dont keep mine frozen for long thouh, usually less than two weeks. I reheat them in the microwave for two minutes, in 30 second intervals letting it rest 30 sec in between. The resting keeps the Cream Cheese from running out. Im sure you could warm them in oven(or BGE) just fine but nuking works for me.

PS. They are good wrapped in a small corn tortilla with a cheap slice of American Cheese.
  • Dixie Dream
    Options
    Thank I appreciate the feedback.

Doing some Stuffed Poblano Peppers today. I don't think they are going to be pretty buy I think they will taste great.
  • Dixie Dream
    Options
    Thank I appreciate the feedback.

Doing some Stuffed Poblano Peppers today. I don't think they are going to be pretty buy I think they will taste great.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    I've had mixed success freezing them and then thawing and nuking to warm them. Same way with stuffed green bell peppers. They taste OK, but the consistency of the pepper skin is sort of mushy. OTOH I regularly do ABT batches and keep them in a Tupperware for up to 2 weeks. Eventually they will start going bad though.

IMG_2479.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.