Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp question/concern

jb1020
jb1020 Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I month or so ago I took off my dome to put on a new gasket. Put it back on and everything seemed fine.

the past few times I have cooked I don't feel like my temp gauge is very accurate. Then I remembered when I took my dome off I somehow turned the gauge. Could that have somehow messed it up? I never took the gauge out of the egg.

This might be tough to follow so i'll explain the best I can. The egg is not on in this scenario. I have lined up the gauge to where it looks like it needs to be and on a 90 degree day it reads less than 50. I swear it used to kind of go alng with the outside temp. then I can twist the gauge one way and the temp can go up as high as i want it too. (make any sense?) I can have the egg completely off and twist the gauge to over 700 degrees. is my gauge broken or hung up one something? I just don't feel like its accurate anymore.

Comments