Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

white lasagna on the egg

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you are counting calories go away right now. just looking might kill you!!! :evil: this was the best one I have ever done LOL or we were really hungry??
browned 6 chix tenders in a little butter and garlic in a cast iron pan direct at 400 to just brown. removed and deglaze with fav white wine what little goodies there are and save, shred the chix and set aside. set up egg indirect and 375 while you fix dinner. I did a simple rou and added chix broth, white wine and 1/2 & 1/2 till I liked the texture. oh and the stuff from the pan too and some crushed garlic and 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil. I had about 3/4 cup of artichoke bruchetta left over from pizzas the other night and tossed that in. fresh cracked pepper and lots of fresh grated parm. stirred and tasted till was good. added about 1 cup coarse chopped baby bellas. I will do this again and thin a little more and use as a cream soup. VERY good. I did nto add any salt to this at all. it would not need it with all the parm.
cooked off 8 noodles about 1/2 way and drained and cooled. mixed a container of ricotta, about 1 cup mozza and 1 cup parm LOL I said CALORIES.
I put a little sauce in a 9X9 stone pan and laid 4 noodles, then the cheese mixture and the chicken and about half of the sauce that was left. laid on 4 more noodles and patted down to compact. added the rest of the cheese and the sauce and put on the egg for about 40 minutes till bubbly and golden brown. I did blot the butter/fat off the top when done.
very rich as to be expected but oh so good!!
012.jpg
015.jpg
019.jpg

Comments