Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Intro New Member

r_mewhort
r_mewhort Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All!!

I just got a Large Big Green Egg for my birthday and my brother thinks I should introduce myself and my interests to the community.

So I live in Kamloops BC Canada. I am a Computer Hardware Tech by trade and I enjoy Gardening and Cooking and have recently been experimenting with smoking. First with a little chief then with a home made fridge smoker. Now I have a Large Big Green Egg and have used it twice at this point in time; once for burgers and once for steak with a kick of maple smoke.

For about the last year our household has been making our own sausages breakfast and diner with a variety of meats (deer, beef, and pork) with recipes from Doug in Eggmonton Christmas gift (Home Sausage Making) we have made good use of this mainly as guidelines. We have also made our own hams (brined and smoked) legs as well as loins.

Next week I will be spending time with my dad and constructing a table for my Egg. I picked up the stone for the table yesterday and am looking forward to constructing it.

One of the first things I d want to try is baking bread but I need to get a plate setter and baking stone. As we produce our own bread this month we have been making true sourdough bread. And we will continue with sourdough until about mid November when the starter starts to fail.

Thank you for your time and I hope this find all in good Spirits.

Ray

Comments