Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woot great deal on ladder

Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This looks to good to pass up.Any one out there own one?

http://www.woot.com/

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    We are in the midst of a professional remodeling job and one of the guys has been using that exact same ladder here in our home. It's heavy, but is that thing versatile! The guy swears by it. If I didn't already have 4 other ladders myself I buy one in a jiffy. BTW Amazon's price for that model is $199.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    I have a knock-off brand one and it is great. Only own one ladder and it seems do do whatever I need!
  • Darnoc
    Thank you for the advise.I did order one but the weight of the unit on one web site had it at 35 pounds.You mentioned that it is heavy which might mean 70 pounds.Does it come apart into two sections?
  • RRP
    I never saw it taken apart, but my comment about weight was relative in that my step ladders are flyweight aluminum and these are "heavy" by comparison.
  • Aack, I'm twitching. This is an awesome deal, but I don't NEED the ladder, and $130 is a pretty hefty impulse buy. Fight it Ben, fight it!
  • Darnoc
    That's a big 10-4 guy.Geeeeze that sounds like something from the Smokey And The Bandit flick.
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Good luck, Ben...
  • RRP
    got a copy on that

this be the Irish Rover

he broke
    he spoke
    he gone
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I have had one for years. Interesting the accent color being orange. Mine is yellow.

The woot latter lowest "A-Frame" (step ladder) height is 4' extended 7'. In the "A-Frame" configuration this is a somewhat small ladder. Weight rating 250 pounds.

Mine is 6' lowest height and I believe weight rating 400 pounds or more. I need to look up my model number.

My ladder is not at all heavy or awkward and of no real concern. The ladder is great for working on stairs, one side of legs adjusting lower than the other set, giving an balanced vertical climb.

The ladder is sturdy in the step ladder and in extension ladder configuration.

Adjusting is smooth and easy going up and collapsing. If the height and weight rating of the woot ladder fits you needs go for it. Looks like a good woot.

FWIW, Wing Enterprises, worldwide owner of the pattents and distributor of Little Giant Ladders is located just south of here, not far from Thermoworks - our Thermapen Friends.

Before you woot it go take a look on the Little Giant Web Site.

They usually offer extras on some of the specials and if I recall shipping is free withing the US. Here is a link to their site http://www.littlegiantladder.com/

You will also find videos that show the ladder and different set-ups.

GG
  • Darnoc
    Thanks GG.But now you have me ticked off because of that comment I will order another one for the house down the ocean.Do you have any stock in that company? Just kidding.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Wish I did own stock, I believe it is privately owned by the Wing family in Springville, UT.

I just added a link to their web site in the above post before you woot it.

There are some videos of use, and some free offers on different models. Warranty on most of their ladders is lifetime.

It seems to me the woot latter is a bit small. I bought my Little Giant at the UT. State Fair 15 to 20 years ago - still like new.

My old ladder is what gets loaned out when people (and the kids) want to borrow a ladder.

GG
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Like Ron said, Heavy but BUY it. I had the 17 foot Little Giant and loved it. Gave it to my buddy when I had to move along with about $3,500 of wood working stuff. He loves it also.

Just my opion,
    Bordello
  • Darnoc
    I thank you for your input as well.I cant wait to try it out.
    OT Did you ever find that curvy female cook? Or were you going to cook that curvy turtle for some turtle soup? Have a great weekend.
  • I might just buy 6 of them. Thanks
  • Smut-butt
    Smut-butt Posts: 142
    These ladders are great; I own two and use them quite a bit with a scaffold in-between the ladders. They are also great to straddle a fence when going to visit your neighbor while he's smoking something on a BGE!