Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flashback... You would think I'd know by now

EmandM'sDad
EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cleaned the large last night and loaded with fresh BGE lump to the top of the fire ring. Lit with the MAPP and went inside to prepare the burgers. Back outside, noticed grid on deck. Egg at 450. Open lid. Boom. No more hair on right arm. Oh well hasn't happened in a while... Time to put burgers on. egg at 500. Phone rings, answer with the singed arm... Open lid with other hand. Boom! Now I have a matching set. No hair on either arm. Got burgers cooked. no more incidents. Time to take burgers off. Burp egg... not enough.. Second hair removal treatment on right arm stung a little more

Moral of the story---Pay attention Dummy!!!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Oh man that is bad! I do like these reminders though.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Sorry to hear of your multible flashbacks but I have to admitt I did laugh cause you kept doing it. Sorry about that. :unsure:

Sounds like you're O.K. though, at least I hope so.

Thanks for the reminder,
    Bordello
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    "Once burnt, lesson learnt" apparently didn't apply in your case. Sorry 'bout dat.
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Never had a matching set, but done the one arm a few times....ya gotta laugh when you do it B) Thanks for the chuckle ;)
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    We have to send you to the trophy store and get one of those little black signs that say Burp Me First.
  • The Burgers were great, even with the stinging. Getting ready to make a batch of your sauce. you need any ancho powder, yet??
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Wow! Sorry to hear of your plight.

Does anyone make shoulder length welding gloves?
    :whistle:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Hi Mike.
    Things are fine and thanks for asking.By the way now that tomato season is in full swingd I have a great fried recipe for them using a beer batter.If you want I can post it tonight.All of the folks on the Eastern shore loved the way that I do them,Not your typical corn meal greezy type of thing.Firm and crispy.I would post it now but I don't want to forget any thing.
  • I rarely add that much new lump at one time, so I hadn't had a flashback in a while. just refreshed my memory a couple of times. Apparantly i'm a slow learner.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    1'st time ouch
    2'nd time ouch ouch
    3'rd time Ok,,,, I LMAO :laugh: :laugh:
    Glad your okay and they were just minor painful reminders
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    My eggs got revenge on me for using a gasser two weeks in a row to "assist" them cooking...

The gasser when out and "dummy" didn't allow the propane to dissipate before attempting to relight the gasser.

BOOOOOMMMM!!! The hair on my left arm is largely removed. Some on my right arm. The hair in my beard, mustache and eyebrows have that curled up burnt look. My unibrow is now a bi-brow..

The special forces guys just look at me and then went back to their party..
  • rho1640
    rho1640 Posts: 118
    do we get pictures of this :whistle:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    No!! All photographic evidence of this mishap have been confiscated by the US. Army and classified Top Secret..
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    That's a great story! I don't have any hair on my arms to start with...flashbacks always singe the hair over my forehead--all frizzed up, stubs left, and the SMELL!

I think my forehead is about the height of your forearms.

Judy
    San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Now thats funny.