Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed pork tenderoin for friends

Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some friends of ours were having a family function and the lady was terrified that her Italian Mother in Law would hate what she cooked. She calls her food manga cake. She had picked up four pork tenderloins and asked me for rubs and cooking advice. I offered to cook them if I could be granted a little artistic license and she was very happy to do so.
I made two of the four, two pounded together but I left them thicker than I normally do.
No prep pics but they were kind enough to e-mail the serving pics (I was worried sick)
GetAttachment2.jpg
Did one with wilted baby spinach, goat cheese, toasted pine nuts, sundied tomatoes,capers, basil, Bomba and roasted garlic
GetAttachment22.jpg

The other with procuitto, Calabrese salami, crisp pancetta, spinach, provolone, asiago, parmesan, roasted garlic, whole sage and basil leaves and a whole lot of Bomba.
GetAttachment6.jpg
Plated
GetAttachment12.jpg
Mother in Law didn't think it was Manga cake

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments