Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

going on cruise control for a while

2»

Comments

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I like posting pics and other stuff here. nuff said
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I didn't think you'd be interested in what a brainless Midwestern hick thought, so I demurred.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i hope that's irony
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Welcome to egg forum reality..maybe now you can understand some of my aggresive replies..hang in there buddy..it will get worse :laugh:
  • Cincykid
    Cincykid Posts: 67
    Please don't go too far away. Your posts are outside the box and although I may not comment, I always make a point to read your posts. You add a ton of value to this board and are a great resource to all of us.
  • I used to read just about every post, but that was before I unretired. Don't have time for that anymore. So instead of stopping at every corner I'm taking the express and stopping here an there. Always stop at the Stikester corner as well as at few other Poster's corners and generally check out the pics.

Haven't looked at a firebox, gasket, can't get above 350, how's my butt, here's my butt, look at my butt post in a good while. Don't mean any disrespect to anyone - just managing my time differently. But I take time to peruse the what do you collect, octopus, pics of my trip posts.

Have a nice Pinot Noir - too hot for Cabernet IMHO
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    With a post like that...if you could just tell me which stock to buy I would call you a God.. :) ...very well said...
  • I never read your posts as I find them ripe with fecundity.

I put a couple butts on tonight, smells great! Not often that you'll hear a man raving about this...

oh, btw- it's the Hickory from your parent's yard that's makin' my butt smell so good.

where's Stump when you need him?

I had a long day at work...
  • otisdog
    otisdog Posts: 187
    I don't reply that often to posts, mostly because I don't feel qualified at my level of experience, but I've got to respond to this one.

Your technical analysis of the subjects is much appreciated and very valuable. A lot of us bystanders take your opinions very seriously. And I think it is cool you read Harpers. Other than my neice and I who have subscriptions, you are the only person I have heard refer to it. See, we do read your posts.

Thanks for all your contributions and guidence.
  • otisdog
    otisdog Posts: 187
    Try Beaujolais for a nice summer red. Great chilled like whites. Not a classy wine but even just two months before this year's release I still like it.
  • cahuck
    cahuck Posts: 31
    I've read most every post over the past month. Just don't always have anything to add. That said, I really appreciate all the post for the education I've received. Keep on posting!
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Stike:

If I see your name as a poster or responding, I always read the text because it's usually trenchant, witty, and/or informative. Of course, sometimes you're just shooting the breeze with your pals.

There is no way I'm going to meet most of the frequent posters on the forum. Some are very open about their families and their lives and I feel like I do know them a little bit.

In 6 years of jumping in and out of this forum, here is what I THINK I know about you...Just off the top of my head:

You live in the Boston area
    You have two great little boys (maybe not so little any more)
    You draw terrific 3-D diagrams
    You light your lump with paper towels and olive oil
    You say he-he-he a lot
    You know a lot about product specifications, chemical reactions, properties of metals, etc. or you know how to research them quickly
    You are very analytical

Please forgive me if I'm just hallucinating about those...but I like to have some idea about the person whose words I read. If you stop posting my education will be majorly stunted.

As for stike, in England in the 13-14th centuries, a stike was a quantity of 25 eels. Ten stikes made a bind of eels. Is there some connection here?

Your fan,

Judy
    San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    You Gotta be Shiitin me. :angry:

The most well rounded, well respected, well versed....Egghead in the bunch?

Quit thinkin so damn hard and stick to what ya know....Damn near alot! :laugh:

Did you bonk your head on something today?

Stike you "one a the main mans" :)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

"...it appears that very few are interested enough to click on my stuff to begin with." hmmmm, now that is what is BS.

The 'Let's change the subject' post is a great thread.

I would venture to guess the 'hits', if that what your measurement for interest is, would be much greater if the thread was here. I would think it would be obvious a boring post on this side will get more 'hits' than an interesting post the OT side.

Besides, you have a "(44)" behind your handle & date and look at the rest of us - most of us have a "(0)".

GG
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I hear ya stike, glad your not going far. :)

Gator

• James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    I love your posts and your humour. I'm jealous of your grip on the values in life and thinking about risk and so on, sometimes common sense needs pointing out!
    What's more you take the time to (repeatedly) address people's worries.
    Now chill out and remember this is just a forum, quit worrying about the glossiness of your pics and so on.
    Of course there is some irony that this post of yours will get more replies than the great content posts like the camping one or the seaside one or.......
    I look forward to seeing yourfuture posts and if you're ever inthe UK drop me a line, actually I have some relatives in the Boston area .....
    All thebest. I make no apologiesformy typing - on a PDA - it'sjust an examplethat I'm not such a perfectionist (I could use other Freudian terms ;) )
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Howdy Stike,

Sorry to hear you're feeling like that. I read your post and they are informative and with humor. I may not always respond as you have given great info, so unless I post that I agree or disagree there may not be much to say.

I hope you can get out of the funk you seem to be in and get back to being Stike of the BGE forum. Gee, look at how many Egger's have chimed in here to let you know how the forum feels. Darn, I should be so lucky. :huh:

Regards,

Bordello
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Spring Hen and I are in Kerrville, Texas and we just saw your post.

For what it's worth, a whole bunch of us have had the same thoughts from time to time. Some even posted about it and some actually disappeared.

But I'm sure you didn't come to your decision without giving it some serious 'Stike-Thought.' The only problem is you give less credit to your posts than the rest of us. Therefore, if you cut back or drastically change the 'spirit' of your posts, we take the hit. We probably won't take kindly to that.

If you are intent on making a change, try it and see how it works for you. We'll surely let you know how it works for us.

So there....

Spring "On The Trail" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    I didn't wade through all the replies, only about half, but like others, I do appreciate the time and effort you put into your posts. And your humorous replies to other's posts. :)

I think the reason we see so many replies to such "beginner" posts is that the Forum has grow so rapidly in the last 6 months or so and it is overloaded with 'newbies' who are starved for help on the basics (starting their fire, adjusting the vents, what accessories to buy, etc.), thus generating a huge number of replies to those posts.

Don't take it so personal. Most of those newbies will not be here in 6 months, so just take a break, chill and keep posting when the mood hits you.

A hysterectomy might help! :whistle: :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Jeff,
    I just read your post and hope that the bad gas passing through you last night is gone and you'll return to your normal, interesting self of sharing pictures and knowledge. BTW I caught your catty comment about only being 43 years old - how was I to know I was getting married the same year as you were born!
    Ron
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    As a relative egghead "newb", I find your posts are either informative, funny, entertaining, enlightening or some combination thereof. I would also venture a guess that the posts that you author (at least in the couple of months I've been here) garner more views and responses than any other active member here. Most of the "newbs" are typically not going to respond to one of your cooking posts beacause a) they do not feel they have the knowledge/ skill/ experience level to offer any contribution and/or b) they figure that someone of your knowledge/ skill/ experience level does not need/ want encouragement or validation from "newbs".

Anyhoo, keep on truckin' I say. Your posts are valuable to this forum. Just my 2 cents.

-Jeff
  • stike
    don't remember the offense, but apparently there was one.

thanks for weighing in though.
  • stike
    hahaha

thanks wess
    i'm not going away, i'm just gonna cruise and answer posts, rather than try to generate stuff i think is interesting
  • stike
    if i knew what fecundity was i would either go over and shake your hand or challenge you to a fist fight. well. slap fight, probably, at our age.

you still have some hickory? let me know when you run out
  • stike
    i wondered where you went. us NH guys need to stick together. kinda out numbered here

thanks for the thoughts. yeah. being self-(un?)-employed means i'm at my desk at home all day, free to goof off when things are slow, or even check in every so often. which is reason number one for the high post count

as for the stump... really wish he were feeling better. been a long haul for him..
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey Jeff,I didn't read all the other responces,but I would like to say that I have read all of your recent posts.I enjoyed them all,but I'm not really "good with words",so I just don't reply :blush: Please reconsider,and I'll do my best to reply :) If not,at least email them to me :) You've got talent man,and I wanna see it B)
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Stike, it's okay if you want to cruise for awhile. The forum will be poorer for it, however. But if you carve a pumpkin or three this year, I would hope you would at least provide a link to the images. I, along with my wife, enjoy them greatly. :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    stike,

You have my utmost respect.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    just the way it is. :laugh: i get the most hits with something stupid like hotdogs or sloppyjoes then nothing much when i do something great :whistle: youll do better during the pumpkin carvin season :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it