Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cedar Wrapped Salmon last night

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 7,233
edited 11:06PM in EggHead Forum
Last night my wife Jackie wanted salmon, she loves salmon an do not so we had salmon wrapped in cedar paper which I can tolerate
DSC_0006-54.jpg
Jackie saying we are going to have cedar wrapped salmon, creamy mashed potatoes, and sauteed broccoli and garlic
DSC_0005-57.jpg
Getting the Egg going
DSC_0012-31.jpg
Jackie seasoning the salmon with butter, garlic lemon juice, and Cajun's Choice Blackened Seasoning
DSC_0026-6.jpg
Salmon wrapped and ready to go on the Egg
DSC_0030-2.jpg

DSC_0028-4.jpg
Waiting for the Egg to get up to 350*
DSC_0029-2.jpg
Grilling at 350* for 5-min. a side
DSC_0032-3.jpg
One of the strings burnt through
DSC_0033-3.jpg
Cedar wrapped salmon, creamy mashed potatoes, and sauteed broccoli and garlic
Very tasty

Ross

Comments

• reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    That looks fantastic Ross!! I love salmon but have never tried wrapping it in the cedar papers. I always enjoy your posts and pics. :)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Nice tamales Ross.... :laugh: ..........actually always wanted to try those wraps....looks great as usual!!
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,687
    Ross, you are a cooking machine
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • RodRod Posts: 61
    That looks SUPER!

We've done the cedar planks and really enjoyed them. This seems like a lot less trouble. Has anyone compared the flavor in strength between planks and wraps?
  • EgginRNEgginRN Posts: 102
    Looks great! I'll have to try the cedar wrap.
  • Thanks Anne, you might want to try this

Ross
  • Thanks Beli

Ross
  • Thanks Mark

Ross
  • Thanks Rod, I think the papers have less cedar flavor because they aren't on the grill that long

Ross
  • Thanks!

Ross
  • Hey, how do you like the turbo grate? Is it worth the money?
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Looks great Ross. I'm a little over one year into egging and still no fish on my egg :( My neighbor has whole mackerel he wants to smoke on my egg. I guess I got to do that in the next few weeks.
  • I love the Turbo Grate, I have had it for 2 1/2 years one of the best things I have bought for the Egg

Ross
  • Thanks, you have to start sometime mackerel would be good

Ross
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Real nice looking piece of salmon Ross, I am not A big fan of Salmon,my wife is and she saw your pics over my shoulder(It might be a salmon night pretty soon.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Ross- When you made that a month ago, it looked amazing. I ran right out to Lowes, bought a pack of those wrappers and made your recipe. It was delicious! Since then, I made a raid at my local Lowes and bought every pack of the cedar wrppers that they had it stock. Best part was the wrappers were on clearance :woohoo:
    Nice cook!
    Brian
  • Thanks Dale, its pretty good

Ross
  • Thanks, what a score Brian

Ross