Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters Wrapped in Bacon

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I just finished about a dozen oysters wrapped in bacon and they were incredible.[p]I patted the oysters dry with paper towels and spiced with Dizzy Pig Tsunami, sea salt and freshly ground pepper and then wrapped in bacon. (If you have small ones you can add several) Cooked at 300 degrees in the wok for about 20 minutes and they were unbelievable. No need to add wood---these babies smoke a LOT on their own. I urge you not to cook the oysters much more than 20 minutes as a moist oyster is more desirable than a dry overcooked one. When the bacon is ready to eat, the oyster is done enough. Enjoy![p]After 10 years on a gas grille, the Egg has totally convinced me that I can prepare better food at home than I can purchase in restaurants.

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    wayne in sc,[p]I've been wanting to do bacon wrapped oysters for some time now and your post is sending me over the edge. Those suckers are slippery....... I guess you impaled them with a teethpick and flipped until the bacon was brown all around? [p]I'd guess it's a bit tricky to get the bacon done and not overdo the oysters.[p]Thanks!
    John

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    John:[p]Pre-cook the bacon to render some fat yet still be limber to wrap the oysters and stand the additional cooking. Yeah, nothing like the natural way to put lead in your pencil . . .
    [/b]
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Thanks for the tip, Darryl. After precooking the bacon, I might grill the whole package at a higher temp to brown the bacon as quickly as possible and hopefully keep the oyster from going rubbery. Sound reasonable?[p]But, you know, I need more lead in my pencil like I need another hole in my head........[p]