Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork tenderloin help

Options
Baby j
Baby j Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got 6 pounds of tenderloin and would like some suggestions. A friend of mine told me about a pot roast she did. All it was a roast and vadalia onion dressing. She slow cooked it for hours. Just those two things.

So I was thinking of marinating the tenderloin in the onion dressing, then wrapping it in bacon and cooking it on the egg low and slow.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a first time tenderloin?

Baby j

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    I'd probably just cut it into nice thick steaks and grill it with some S&P.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    it'd be pretty small. only about an inch and a half across at the thickest part really....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    no need to go lo and slo, it won't help the meat. you want it around 350, 375, 400.

roll it around a bit until the bacon is done and make sure you don't go over 140 internal.

here's a stuffed one from a few weeks back, but same idea.

04rolled.jpg

05onthefire2.jpg

07plated.jpg

trichinosis is dead at 138, at 140 the pork will have a nice texture without being overcooked. if you pull it off at 135 it will coast to 140. pink but firm is not unsafe at all
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If you like garlic, you might consider this. Peel a clove and slice it into thin strips. Using a paring knife, cut into the tenderloin at random locations (how many depends on how much you like garlic) and insert one thin slice of garlic into each notch. Olive oil and s&p to taste. I like it.

Then again, anything with bacon will probably be better! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Baby j
    Options
    Might try that after soaking it. Thought about using a rub on it. It was on sale, so whatever I do to it will be good.
  • Baby j
    Options
    direct or indirect? And what kind of bacon is that?
  • stike
    Options
    direct, and buckboard
  • Baby j
    Options
    Ok, what is a buckboard?
  • stike
    Options
    ...type of bacon
  • Baby j
    Options
    ah, second year of Culinary School. I should know that. Sorry for the stupidity.

Baby j