Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Smoke Video of my DigiQ II

Options
Chris
Chris Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's a crappy vid but gets the point across..and I did make an error calling it a Digitemp once...sorry.

The BBQ Guru rocks! No more getting up at 3am to start smokin butt...at least for me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB51bbfILF0

Comments

• Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    Options
    Chris I thank you for this one! We are a New dealer in Digi Q stuff and this will help my employees get a understanding of how it works!!!!! Thanks MUCH!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Nice video.

Looks like there has been a change in design of the probe plug-in's to the control module as well as the blower and it looks like the vent adapter has a little longer neck.

GG
  • rooster
    rooster Posts: 252
    Options
    good demo I was glad you did it step by step. I got a B day soon and I have been knocking them down with hints.
  • DAC2
    DAC2 Posts: 66
    Options
    Did you ever find out why temp went to 239?
  • Chris
    Options
    DAC2 wrote:
    Did you ever find out why temp went to 239?

Thx all for the comments...

I discovered that there is a damper on the fan assembly and you should set this to 1/2 for slow/low cook temps...I had it full open on this night so when the fan stopped it did not fully stop the air flow. I cooked some chickens the next day and it worked much better. My suggestion would be to open this up 100% to start your fire then close it to 1/2 during the smoke.
  • Texas Eggie
    Options
    Thanks so much. I am getting one now. I had my last Pork Butt go out on me. I salvaged the Butt,
  • Texas Eggie
    Options
    What configuration did you get?
  • Chris
    Options
    Texas Eggie wrote:
    What configuration did you get?

I got the DigiQII with 4CFM Blower and BGE Med/Lg Adapter Door. The 4CFM blower seems to do the job very nicely but I have seen posts by folks using the 10CFM on their Lg BGE's....I'm not sure what more air will do...the idea is to cook slow! Best of luck and post back how ya like it...I love mine!
  • Texas Eggie
    Options
  • Dex
    Dex Posts: 85
    Options
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    Thanks for posting the video. I got the DQII awhile back, but haven't used it yet :blush: . Plan on trying it this weekend for pork shoulder.

Hope it works!
    South SLO County
  • Ohatchee
    Ohatchee Posts: 56
    Options
    How far open did you have the Daisy Wheel during the cook? Was it the same degree of opening as you would have normally used to maintain a 225 degree cook? Also, can you comment about how much charcoal you used and what was left after the cook?

Great video...very informative...thanks.
  • Chris
    Options
    Ohatchee wrote:
    How far open did you have the Daisy Wheel during the cook? Was it the same degree of opening as you would have normally used to maintain a 225 degree cook? Also, can you comment about how much charcoal you used and what was left after the cook?

Great video...very informative...thanks.

Thx...I have the DW opened about 1/3...that is 2/3 closed. I would say it's about the same as when I didn't use the controller. Tomorrow I am cooking some ribs and chicken for the weekend...will probe the chick...maybe I'll shoot another vid!
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    That is a good video. My good friend Vidalia1 has lent me his Digi to use next weekend. This video has really helped.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!