Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Goes Camping

Jersey Doug
Jersey Doug Posts: 460
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Jersey Girl and I are just back from a week of camping in upstate new York. We took the Mini and used it for dinner every night but the first Tuesday. (There is a camp-wide covered dish dinner that night and we'd have had trouble if we didn't make the curried rice dish we're contributed for the last 20+ years.) Here's Mini on her rock.

n3nhqw.jpg

Wednesday night I cooked a T-bone for two.

345lr47.jpg

Thursday it was kielbasa. I forgot the slits on the back to keep it from curling. It was good anyway.

w15mba.jpg

Marshmallows for dessert.

a1ps8p.jpg

Salisbury steaks on Friday. Wegmans irradiated 80/20 beef. DP Cow Lick rub. Carnivore Sweet BBQ sauce. Cooked to 135º internal. Delicious!

15q9c9x.jpg

Pizza on Saturday. Just like at home but smaller, but we made five to compensate.

5k3c3s.jpg

I cheated and used store-bought crusts. They just fit the 8-1/2" pizza stone and cooked up nicely.

ibck6c.jpg

Marinated drumsticks on Sunday.

2dsmm54.jpg

And a nice rib steak for our last night in camp. I forgot to take a photo before I took it off the Egg.

10h810k.jpg

We're already thinking about the menu for next year.

Comments