Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Soft Tacos

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I cooked some quick chicken soft tacos. Here was the process.[p]Take some boneless, skinless chicken breast. Dust them with Spicy Southwest Char Crust. Grill at 350 for about 25 minutes.[p]Slice and serve on warmed tortillas. I used Whole Wheat. Add your favorite salsa, some cheese, and anything else that you like on your tacos.[p]I did try something different; on one of the breast I first dusted it with Bruci’s Blend Zydeco Seasoning and then applied the Char Crust. Wow, were we ever impressed with the results of the layered flavor.[p]Jerk Pork Tonight![p]Go Tribe!
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Instead of warming those tortillas first, wrap all of the stuff in them that you like, then, with the grill still warm, put them folded side down on the grill and melt it all together. Makes for a pretty good "buritto like" meal. Give it a shot. Use the big tortilla shells, not those wimpy smaller ones.[p]Troy
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    sprinter,
    I use the six inch version simply because they versatile. Also, the smaller size is easier for the little ones to handle. I do like the idea of heating the tortillas on the grill. Normally, I just use the open flame of the gas burner on my stove.[p]Thanks,
    RhumAndJerk