Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

injecting

glenn
glenn Posts: 151
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need a little education from someone who knows and dont mind sharing their knowlege
I want to accomplish somking a realy great turkey for Thanksgiving
and I want to accompany it with the kind of smoked pork you would get from a barbque place like Sonys (thin sliced with a visible smoke ring) not pulled. Good with baked beans and garlic toast.
I am told that I would need to brine the turkey,and marinate the pork
then inject both of them
can some one lead me thru the process I have never brined anything
and I dont know what to marinate with to get the results that I want for the pork.
and I have no clue about injecting
please help if you can
thanx

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Glenn,
    You'll get more opinions than you know what do with, on either brining or marinating. What follows is strictly my thoughts. Brining and marinating are the same process: soaking meat in a liquid solution. Brine has more salt, marinades have less (and more herbs, spices, etc.) Check the archives, or google, for recipes.[p]The most important thing you'll need is something to hold the bird and to hold the pork. I like to put them in food grade plastic bags, and put these in an ice chest full of ice. Pour the brine over the bird, marinade over the pork and 12 to 24 hours later you're ready. As far as slicing the pork, I'd recommend a whole pork loin.[p]Ken[p]