Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

note to singham

char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Please tell us how you went about cooking that tandoori spathcocked chicken. [p]The usual stuff - ingredients, prep, times and temps....

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Steve, yes please let us know about the tandori chicken...it's one of the first things I ever had off your grill, many, many, moons ago and still remember it (a long ago Intergroup gathering, just after Larry and I were married)...[p]MMMmmmmm,
    Tonia
    :~)[p]

• singram
    singram Posts: 31
    Ok, here's the recipe.[p]put 8 peeled cloves of garlic
    1 Tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
    1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
    in a blender and blend till smooth (the actual recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon of saffron soaked in a Tablespoon of boiling water as well, but we almost never do that)[p]Mix the above with 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
    1 teaspoon of paprika
    1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
    2 teaspoons of salt.[p]Spatchcock and skin the chicken. Cut slits in the breasts, thighs and drumsticks. Rub the above mixture well all over the bird, especially into the slits. Let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.[p]I cooked mine at 350 degrees on a raised grid, direct to a temp of about 165. It took about an hour and a half (it was a fairly large bird).[p]Just to clarify, my screen name 'singram' is short for Steve Ingram. I'm not of Indian descent if there was any confusion, but I still think the recipe is good :)

• singram,[p]thanks a bunch.[p]Have you considered changing your name to singram? - it's a very cool handle and I think the name change would make your food taste better.... (laughing thingie here).
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    singram,
    What? No yogurt??
    G