Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NSFHE: Spinach Provolone Turkey Burgers

Central IL Egger
Central IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
NOT SAFE FOR HUNGRY EYES
A spur of the moment, what do I have in the fridge dinner. I am not sure I can replicate this, but it was basically 1. 5 LB of Ground turkey breast, 1/4 cup shredded Provolone, 3/4 cup diced onion/green pepper/spinach mix, crushed red pepper, and some ground black black pepper. Cooked direct 35-400 for about 20 minutes total, and it was probably the best burger I've had this year.*
*(Name and address being witheld to protect the leftover turkey burger)
IMG_2628.jpg
IMG_2631.jpg
IMG_2635.jpg

Comments

• rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Turkey burgers done right are awfully good. Your's look terrific.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    That sounds and looks very good. I do a spinach and three cheese omelet most mornings - cheese and spinach -yum.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Yum!! I tried ground turkey and quite frankly it was dry. I have heard that there are different fat contents of ground turkey.What did grade do you prefer?
    Great cook.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Good question, because most of the ground turkey you can buy has a fair amount of dark meat in it, which does add that juiciness, but also adds a lot of fat. This was pure turkey breast, so 95% (?) lean - fat free.
    Actually I left out one ingredient, which makes all the difference in the world for moisture in a LEAN turkey breast: Bread crumbs. About 1/4-1/2 cup. It helps hold the meat together without adding any fat.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE