Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ANTS

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I swear I just threw out that little slip of paper with the name of the product you all use. Just last week. Then Mr. Murpphy showed up and the ants came marching one by one hurrah...you know the rest of the story.. :)
So they are in a crack across the width of the drive and ends at the corner of my house. CREEPY!! What do I use? Gotta go get the chemical before the big stores think summer is over and start pulling that shize.
Thank you all very much.
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    I used to poison the individual mounds. I would usually have 3 or 4 mounds. I would poison all of them, a few days later I'd kick the mounds and no ants. A few days later I would have 3 or 4 new mounds. Now I get a sack of that stuff that you dump in the machine that spreads it as you push it along. I did it in March and have not had an ant hill since.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Ok but what's the product that you used? These are little guys. Almost like sugar ants, all alonf the crack. The mounds show up at the base of my neighbors leaning tower off wall with the bigger ants there. Never really seen this type of behavior from ants here.
    How bizare...
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    Spectracide, it supposedly works for all kinds of ants and bugs. I found it at Lowe's.
    Edited: I believe Spectracide may be the brand name, if so I don't know what the exact name of the product is, just read on the bag, it will tell you what bugs it is for.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Molly,

Down here we have to deal with Fire Ants! I use Amdro bait. I put it on the mounds and in 1-2 days, all the ants are gone. Supposed to kill the queen, but we all think they just move to somewhere else. :ohmy:

We have ongoing battles - the ants all move to the yard where the neighbor has slacked up and not poisoned as well as the rest of us. LOL :laugh: :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Clark. That is the one I wrote down. I hope I can find it. Someone at work said cinnamon.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Give us an update!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Looks like today is the first day in months there will be no rain. Gotta mow and spray weeds/bugs. I'll see in a few days and let you know.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"