Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtober Fest initiation

Jack's-Gourmet
Jack's-Gourmet Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're in, looking forward to it. This will be the first of what I hope to be many to come. If any of you "seasoned"(pun intended) veterans would care to share anything you think I might need to know, feel free

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Yes:

come early (9:00AM)
    come hungry
    enjoy it

:P ;):) :laugh:
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Don't let the "old heads" blow smoke by telling you the forum member with the lowest post count has to buy!

:laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • newegg
    newegg Posts: 78
    Wear comfortable clothes and comfortable loose fitting clothes. You will be sampling some very great eats. Everyone is so nice, you will love it. Plan on picking up another egg...we are...we want to get a mini...to add to our large and small. :):):)
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Please do not forget about the 4 cases of beer that you must deliver to Me, Vidalia1,Fidel, and Sparky. This is very important to ensure smooth sailing at the fest. :P :P :laugh:
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    psst....don't tell anyone....but my plans are a little bigger than "cases" of beer for this fest.
  • I asked the same question last year, and got some good advice.

You'll be wandering between 200 or so cooks, sampling their wares, so wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.

Bring wet-naps.

Bring your camera, and maybe a small notepad to record names and recipes or your observations.

Come hungry, and don't be in a hurry. :)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    don't take my word for it, but i asked what to expect if i showed up, and i was told that i would be held down by celtic wolf as drBBQ kicked me in the crotch over and over. :blink:

something tells me that's not standard for all attendees
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Ahhhhhhhh go for it . . .should be plenty of pain killer around!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    OMG!!! :woohoo: :laugh: :silly: :laugh: :silly: :woohoo: Damn...was this LAST year??? :woohoo: :silly: :laugh: :evil: :whistle: :huh: