Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast Ideas w/Pulled Pork??

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Brain locked on this one...have many ways to use PP leftovers, but racking the brain for how to use it for breakfast??...any ideas??

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Huevos Rancheros. Or a variation.

Eggs, Chilaquiles in Guajillo Chile Sauce with Fresh California Avocado

INGREDIENTS:
    8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
    Oil, for frying
    2 oz Guajillo chile sauce
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    2 tsp sour cream
    4 Tbs crumbled Feta cheese
    2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced

Instructions
    1 Cut tortillas into strips.
    2 Fry tortilla strips in hot oil (about 300 degrees F).
    3 While tortilla strips are browning, in a separate pan heat Guajillo chile sauce for 1 minute over moderate heat.
    4 Strain the tortilla strips to remove extra oil.
    5 In a bowl, mix the tortilla strips with Guajillo chile sauce until all strips are evenly covered. Add salt and pepper to taste.
    6 Top with sour cream, Feta cheese and sliced, Fresh California Avocado.
    7 Top with softly scrambled eggs for Chilaquiles con Huevos.

Recipe Type
    Breakfast

Recipe Source
    Author: Chef Joseph Rivas of Sonora Café

Source: California Avocado Commission, 2008/04/29
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Great looking recipe Richard (gonna save that one), but where's the pulled pork in that? Did I miss it? :)
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    You did not miss it, it was not there. Just add some pp and more sauce. I like to take a tortilla, lightly heat in hot peanut oil and drain add some mexican chorizo cooked and drained and some cheese, scoop of your favoarite sauce, enchilada works well. then another tortilla, more chorizo and some cheese and sauce. Cilantro, sour cream and finally a few fried, as you like, eggs on top. Use pp instead of chorizo. Guacamole or sliced avocados complement this meal.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Well..for sure you got me thinking!..got an idea.. will let u know how it comes out..wanting to do some b'fast for supper and have some fresh PP to add to the mix.. B)
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Goes great with a cold beer or mojito for supper, breakfast not sure. Milk maybe???

Here is one of many google sites for ideas.

http://elise.com/recipes/archives/007130huevos_rancheros.php
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    Add a handful of pulled pork to about three scrambled cheese eggs.

A nice scrambled omelet.

Add peppers/onions/hot sauce as desired.
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    Heat the pulled pork and put it on a biscuit!!!
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Here's what I came up with...kinda a combo of both your suggestions...I heated the PP in a bit of evoo, put it aside, fried two eggs (yellows broken), topped first egg with some of the PP, a dab or two of Blues Hog, then slice of cheese, next egg, another layer of PP topped with a bit of Louisiana hot sauce, another slice of cheese and then steamed the whole thing before putting on toasted light wheat bread..sides of fresh tomatoes and grapes and a glass of milk..made a pretty decent sammich and supper.. :woohoo:
    Jalapenos_001.jpg

thanks for the ideas!
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    Nice looking sammich.
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    really simple...scramble some eggs, put a little pulled pork in with them, a little salsa, and roll it in a flour tortilla....yummmmm.
  • bgarbee
    bgarbee Posts: 20
    Options
    My favorite is pulled pork benedict. Just get some english muffins toasted add some cheese, broil, add the leftover pork and put a poached egg on top. A perfect breakfast.