Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The story of a Gregg and an Egg

Options
2»

Comments

• deltadawn
    deltadawn Posts: 94
    Options
    We agree. We bought our Egg from Rex at BBQ Pits & Spits in Appleton. We live in Oshkosh. We make frequent visits. It is fun when a sales person is excited about their product. We have always gotten great service. It won't be long and we will be buying our 2nd Egg.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    FriendsDontletT-Shirt.jpg

And so the "madness" begins! :laugh:

Welcome!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • BBQFAN13
    BBQFAN13 Posts: 1
    Options
    We feel fortunate to have Rex as an employee! He shares the same passion for BBQ and the pride we have in the customer service our customers have come to expect.

We have two eggs at home and it isn't uncommon for us to have our own competition right in the backyard...between the kids and us! :silly:

Thank you for all the great comments. Thank you especially to all of our customers...with out you we wouldn't be able to keep the doors open during the hard econmic times! Thanks for shopping at the store and not using the internet....we REALLY appreciate the business! :cheer: :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Gregg, awesome story!! Welcome to you and your lovely wife! You both will eggsperience a new way of life!!
    Ask away, I say!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Gregg The Egg
    Options
    Ripnem wrote:
    Good stuff...Cheers to BGE and you for jumping in with both feet. Kudos to Rex for knowing his chit and giving you the info you needed to go home and tear it up.

What's gettin the heat tonight?

Life is good on the Egg. :)

"Egg Strong and Live Long"
    First, thank you for the great reply to my humble posting. Good stuff indeed and thank you for the cheers in my direction. I'm very grateful to have "run into" the BGE and Rex. Tear it up, funny story, I can talk about it later. :)

Tonight I did chicken. Now I have to say that I am NOT the world's biggest chicken on the grill lover, actually didn't really care for it at all, but I love chicken in the oven. Well, that's all changed, if my BGE wouldn't have been overly warm tonight, I would have hugged it. The chicken was completeley awesome! :)

I could not agree more, life is good on the egg. I return your sentiment of Egg Strong and Live Long! :)
  • Gregg The Egg
    Options
    bubba tim wrote:
    Welcome to Eggdome and the cult. Should you attend the Eggtoberfest, you will be taught the secret hand shake. :woohoo: :woohoo: You need to post pics of your cooks good and bad. Again welcome aboard! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thank you for your reply Bubba Tim, it is good to be here. If we can't get to Eggtoberfest this year, we will be there next year. How could I not want to learn the secret handshake?! :) We have pictures of our meal this time. I will be posting them within the next few days. Thank you again for the warm welcome! I'll be checking out your website in the near future as well. :)
  • Gregg The Egg
    Options
    RexH wrote:
    Thank-you to Jodi from Big Green Egg for letting me know about the "Story". It made my day! I love telling customers that their passion level for cooking will go sky high, then watch it happen. Awesome product to own and sell, and a forum that is out of this world amazing.
    Thanks for the kind words from everyone. Gregg, yesterday you just made yourself a better cook.

Rex

Hi Rex, thank you for the phone call today after getting the communication from Jodi @ BGE (company). My lovely bride and I could not have asked for a better purchasing experience or induction into the vast fantastic world of BGE cooking!

Yesterday I think I made myself a cook by purchasing the BGE, before that, I was a "kind of" griller. :)

Thanks again Rex! :woohoo:
  • Gregg The Egg
    Options
    deltadawn wrote:
    We agree. We bought our Egg from Rex at BBQ Pits & Spits in Appleton. We live in Oshkosh. We make frequent visits. It is fun when a sales person is excited about their product. We have always gotten great service. It won't be long and we will be buying our 2nd Egg.

Hi Dawn,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was thinking "gosh, there are probably a lot of us out here", since the Fox Valley Area has easily over 150,000 people. :) I am lucky enough to live in Neenah, just 10 minutes from BBQ Grills, Pits, & Spits. I hope to see you in the store or at one of the classes sometime! :)

Ooh, tonight I could have used a second egg, I had my large egg filled with the chicken breasts first, and then I had to do the corn on the cob 2nd because I ran out of room. Yep, a second BGE will be purchased, but I'm going to wait until I'm a little more knowledgeable about the first egg and can easily control 2 at a time. I'm still such a newbie! :blush:

I'd wish you good luck on your 2nd BGE, but you won't need it, so instead I'll wish you happy Egging! :woohoo:
  • Gregg The Egg
    Options
    loco_engr wrote:
    FriendsDontletT-Shirt.jpg

And so the "madness" begins! :laugh:

Welcome!

Thank you for the reply and warm welcome, and I must say "Amen" to that shirt and the madness beginning!
  • Gregg The Egg
    Options
    BBQFAN13 wrote:
    We feel fortunate to have Rex as an employee! He shares the same passion for BBQ and the pride we have in the customer service our customers have come to expect.

We have two eggs at home and it isn't uncommon for us to have our own competition right in the backyard...between the kids and us! :silly:

Thank you for all the great comments. Thank you especially to all of our customers...with out you we wouldn't be able to keep the doors open during the hard econmic times! Thanks for shopping at the store and not using the internet....we REALLY appreciate the business! :cheer: :)

Thank you for the reply to my posting. I think you are fortunate to have Rex as an employee, he totally rocks! :woohoo: By the way, your store is super clean and nicely laid out as well. My kudos for that! :)

Hmmm, Egg-offs between family members, sounds like it could be some pretty "heated" competition. I'll bet you both eat up the competition! Hee hee, yes, I can go on like that for hours, so I'll stop now. :silly:

The Internet is what got me to come to your store. I think that it's a great tool, but for large purchases, like a BGE, I want customer service, and there is NO doubt in my mind that is exactly what I got and will get from BBQ Grills, Pits, & Spits. I'm fortunate to have found you and Rex!
  • Gregg The Egg
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Gregg, awesome story!! Welcome to you and your lovely wife! You both will eggsperience a new way of life!!
    Ask away, I say!

Hi Molly,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on my experience and the graciously warm welcome to both of us to the BGE way of life! I'm really looking forward to learning to fully control our BGE and get my timing in place as well so that I can not only man the Egg, but also help my lovely wife even more with other preparations. It will come in time. :)

Your "Ask away, I say!" comment also reminded me that I want to send a big THANK YOU to everyone in this online community as well as BGE for putting up the forum. This has been one of the most positive experiences of my life. I am gratful to everyone, thank you all! :)