Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I hope this fits....

Options
OpusXcellent
OpusXcellent Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking for a cast iron skillet without the handle to use on my egg so I went to amazon and bought a Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned 17-Inch Cast Iron Skillet got a good deal on it and then it hit me that this may not fit on my Lg Egg has anyone had experience with this pan or am I going to have to start looking for a way to take of the the side loop handles?

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i got a 10 inch from target that has a removeble handle.. so no i have not had your particular problem!!

but a few here have cut off the handle... it sounds like you might want to start looking for a hack saw and a side grinder ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    If you have an XL, then no prob. Large, cut off the handles. Anything else, fuggetaboutit.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Bente, I have that one too and love it. I use the handle on all my pans. just be careful it does not lock on all of them.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    ha ha i just use that one in the egg i have another one for the stove like all good southerners do (even though i am a damned yankee ;) )

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Seattle Todd
    Seattle Todd Posts: 227
    Options
    Can't say I can help you with the problem.

But I have to ask is your screen name in reference to the Arturo Fuente line of cigars?
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    lifting up a hot skillet with no handles that fits tightly in the egg strikes me as a real bad idea.. amazon has a decent return policy . if it does not fit i would return it and get and get this and cut off as much of the handle as needed to make it fit and be lifted safely .
    bill

edit .. click the 15 in. link on the amazon page
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    chances are you may have to elevate the skillet to get it to fit in the large egg. the egg's ID at the felt line is approx. 19 inches, at the fire ring, just over 18.

also, chances are you'll have to elevate the skillet off the fire ring. The bottom ID of the skillet may exceed the ID of the fire ring, so if the skillets is sitting atop the fire ring, it could completely block air movement.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • OpusXcellent
    Options
    yup Im am also a cigar smoker