Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question for Eggers with young Eggers

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Our church has a deal where you pull a card off of a board to pick up a back to school item for kids that are less fortunate. I picked one that needs tennis shoes - youth size 6. I have no idea what the "in thing" is for a 12 year olds tennis shoes - any advice?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    last time i had a gift cert to a sports place in the mall i just went in and handed the card to the clerk and just said white size 9.5. then we argued and it took a while before he realized i didnt care what they were, what kinda of stripes, what they were to be used for, that i didnt want to even try them on or even go look at the wall of sneakers. i just wanted them in the bag so i could go home. :laugh: go to the mall, the sales guy is only going to be a few years older, myabe actually able to help on this one :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    nine and a half? probably from being stuck in fishing boots alla time.

by the way, i was thinking you'd use the card to get yourself something nice like a scarf or a braod-brimmed sun hat.

>sniff
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    that was back in 92, i think i was still growing then, slow bloomer. dont talk to me about hats, my broad brimmed silly tilley tore thru again, sending it back this week, probably means we will be seeing the sun for the next few weeks as they replace my hat once again. their warrantee is like bge's, lifetime hahaha, too bad for them :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it